has anyone tried cursing?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
tish

Post by tish »

yeah i do realize now that i only worry myself too much about karma...like i always think that whatever bad thing is happening to me is always a repercussion of what i've done...now i think it's silly...now i think it'll be better to just shrug it off and really say that shit happens...it's not a perfect life...but of course one has to learn a lesson so as not to get the same situation...but it does not always follow that it's the karma for doing whatever it is that has been done. sorry, am i making any sense? it all just came out...hehe...
corrupted_beauty

Post by corrupted_beauty »

I have never tried a curse. Never even considered it. I find it in no way "safe." No matter what someone does to you, you have to stay strong, and not sink to that low of a level. Mind the threefold law you must, in perfect love and perfect trust.
Stay away from curses, they are very bad!
Raven451

Post by Raven451 »

I have to agree with the person who said that if we believe in the three-fold law then that power is manifested in us and that is what may bring it back upon us three-fold..The power of belief is crucial in any spell or any Ritual that we may do..it is truly the main thing that brings the "magick" into a spell and makes it work..If you don't believe.. It won't work..Why would it be any different with the Three-fold Law..It reminds me of how I feel about the use of Ouijas..There are so many people out there that say Ouijas are bad and evil and you don't know who you are going to get when you use one..I believe that it is all a case of like attracts like..If you go in scared, with preconcieved notions that it could be evil or with the attitude that some disrespectful teens or young adults have that use it..if you go in making fun..if you go in looking for it..or even just expecting evil..It will surely find you..I have used them for 20 years..have had my daughter and son's date of birth predicted to me 5 months in advance..and other great things as well..I have never had a bad experience on one..I am fussy about who I use it with and mainly have used it with the same person for the last 15 years..It's like anything else you do..If you are going to do energy work..You are fussy about who you build with..You don't know what sort of energy any Tom Dick or Zoe might bring in to an energy circle raising so why why why would you allow your energy along with just anyone to be used as a gate to communicate with Spirits? Like attracks like..If you go in with ppl who have positive energy and thoughts ..You are fine..If you go in with just anyone you take a chance that their negatve energy can bring something negative to you..But really..With any spell..I say..Watch out what you ask for..You just may get it..Be sure of your intent and the energy behind your intent..Like attracks like...If you really hate someone think of the negative energy that you are putting out there into the universe...I myself don't go for that kind of stuff..I have better things to do than hex someone who is probably a jerk anyway and will eventually get theirs in the long run..and if they don't? who cares..why waste my energy giving ppl like that power over me...no way..Good Luck to you

Bright Blessings,

Lori :)
Nyte_Wytch

Post by Nyte_Wytch »

Raven 451 said:
I have to agree with the person who said that if we believe in the three-fold law then that power is manifested in us and that is what may bring it back upon us three-fold..

:::smiles::: That would be me, I'm glad to know that at least a few are reading my posts ;o) Of course not all will agree. I just can't get past the utter inconsistantancy of Justice in life to place any value whatsoever in the three fold law.
"Shit happens and shit will continue to happen, it's what we make of that shit that really matters." -hedgewitch

"If the universe fundamentally decides what is and isn't right for you then what is the point in spell casting?" -hedgewitch
Nyte_Wytch

Post by Nyte_Wytch »

corrupted_beauty said:
I have never tried a curse. Never even considered it. I find it in no way "safe."

Then you have followed your own set of ethics. As for being safe-if you subscribe to the three fold law and in your heart you truly believe in it then I'd have to agree that for you it would not be safe as you would manifest your own punishment

No matter what someone does to you, you have to stay strong, and not sink to that low of a level.

It should not be viewed as sinking to their level. A person could be looking for justice for themselves or someone they love. Depending on the person, there are those who need justice or closure in a situation to be able to move on and put an incident behind them.
"Sometimes the Witch can be the tool through which Karma works-Lord Foxglove"

Mind the threefold law you must, in perfect love and perfect trust.

Doesn't apply here, no consistancy.

Stay away from curses, they are very bad!

Of course curses are bad, hence the word "curse" it's how they are used that matters.
"Shit happens and shit will continue to happen, it's what we make of that shit that really matters." -hedgewitch

"If the universe fundamentally decides what is and isn't right for you then what is the point in spell casting?" -hedgewitch

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”