Ryuka - The Dragon's Tail

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
RyukaAscendant

Re: Ryuka - The Dragon's Tail

Post by RyukaAscendant »

corvidus wrote:
RyukaAscendant wrote: Any recommendations on removing the block?
In my opinion, when spirit and body move in unison (typically called intuition), then there is no block. You do what feels right because it is right.

I also consider Dance to be one of the most important parts to magick.
Yeah that doesn't work well because there are a number of times my mind is telling me," Yeah just run up that wall! There's nothing to it," or," Hey if you jump here you could fly." Otherwise, I do a fairly good job of paying attention to what my mind and body tell me, even if it makes other people feel really weird around me.

As to the dancing I know that one from experience. Hearing the drums at a pow wow if I get dancing the ancestors sometimes lead me.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

RyukaAscendant wrote: Yeah that doesn't work well because there are a number of times my mind is telling me," Yeah just run up that wall! There's nothing to it," or," Hey if you jump here you could fly." Otherwise, I do a fairly good job of paying attention to what my mind and body tell me, even if it makes other people feel really weird around me.
Lol, i think you might be confusing the definitions between Spirit, Ego, Mind and Body.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

corvidus wrote: Lol, i think you might be confusing the definitions between Spirit, Ego, Mind and Body.
Would you mind explaining a bit?
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Sure :)

In my opinion, Spirit pervades all things. Things include the body. When Spirit and Body are in unison, there is no thought, only a deep understanding which leads towards action and fluid movement. I find this described as 'intuition'. I also extend this definition of intuition to moving at the direction of Spirit. It's common in the martial arts.

Mind is a more condensed version of Spirit, and only interferes when condensed into Ego (Spirit-->Mind-->Ego-->Body).

Ego is quite necessary, as a filter between Body and Spirit. Mind is similar to Consciousness, or a state of observation.

Lol, at least, this is my theory-in-progress.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

corvidus wrote:Sure :)

In my opinion, Spirit pervades all things. Things include the body. When Spirit and Body are in unison, there is no thought, only a deep understanding which leads towards action and fluid movement. I find this described as 'intuition'. I also extend this definition of intuition to moving at the direction of Spirit. It's common in the martial arts.

Mind is a more condensed version of Spirit, and only interferes when condensed into Ego (Spirit-->Mind-->Ego-->Body).

Ego is quite necessary, as a filter between Body and Spirit. Mind is similar to Consciousness, or a state of observation.

Lol, at least, this is my theory-in-progress.
I should clarify these aren't thoughts as part of consciousness. These are an internal drive to simply do. It's something I've had issues with since I was a kid. Something either my body, my spirit, or both; tells them both do this now to do this. And comes both as an urge and as an image in my mind that this is what I can do.

It's like the playthrough on a games tutorial. It says press A here to do this and shows a demo of it. But it takes a conscious effort not to do it.

RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Damn it all! 5th time this week I've been shocked by static strong enough to contract my muscles.

RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Over the last few days I've managed to spend time meditating on the bone. My initial encounter was interesting. It felt as though the coyote was encircling me, and as I tried to slow down my thoughts and focus I could see it's open mouth coming toward me as if to bite.

Initially I thought it was angry with me because the only stories I could remember portrayed them as tricksters. Upon researching some, they tend to reflect back the folly of the target, which is where the trickster image comes from. Aditionally they are a symbol of shape shifters, change, and wisdom.

In the mean time I'm still waiting to figure out what the point is.

corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Canines will bite you for two reasons: they're playing or fighting.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

corvidus wrote:Canines will bite you for two reasons: they're playing or fighting.
Well it hasn't "said" anything else to me at this point. And the circling subsided after a day or two. So I don't know if I woke it up and made it mad or what. I keep opening up to it but it's like a dial tone feeling of nothing's there.

Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Perhaps this coyote is waiting for you to do something interesting
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Well the last couple of nights I've stayed up till midnight then turned the lights down to meditate. Last night there was a quick succession of images but I couldn't make sense of them.

RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I keep hearing something I wrote a long time ago playing in my mind.

Born of flesh, blood, and bone,
Raised by man in a cradle of stone.

Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

What does that mean to you?
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

It was the beginning to a contract with gaia I considered tattooing onto my body.

Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

You have a contract with Gaia? Awesome :)

Would you mind telling what that is please?

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”