What tarot decks do people have?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I just got the deck of Thoth... so far it's been so wonderful.. The pictures are great... with so many symbols and things to learn. I'd recommend this one to everyone!
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Saker Witch

Re:

Post by Saker Witch »

Y0m wrote:I just got the deck of Thoth... so far it's been so wonderful.. The pictures are great... with so many symbols and things to learn. I'd recommend this one to everyone!
I also use the Thoth tarot. I love it. I also have the Crystal Tarot, a Rider-Waite, and Mythic tarot. My husband loves the Osho Zen Tarot.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Re: What tarot decks do people have?

Post by Lost_Demise »

I have a fairy tarot deck.. that hates the book it came with^^;; I found out why after being confused from a friend of mine, that the book was basically super sugar coated. I'm also trying to currently create my own to see if I am capable of making a good deck.
PrincessMitchi

Post by PrincessMitchi »

I have a "fifty housewife tarot" deck. It's got lots of fifties meanings in it and such. I find it best works if I combine what I've learned from general tarot books and it's own book and not depend solely on one or the other. They're cute and very "me".
timemeansnothing

Post by timemeansnothing »

I'm making my own right now. :) I've never owned a tarot deck before (I've just used online versions of tarot cards) so I'm excited. I think it's nice to make my own because they feel so personal and I can think about each card more closely.
Y0m

Re:

Post by Y0m »

Y0m wrote:I just got the deck of Thoth... so far it's been so wonderful.. The pictures are great... with so many symbols and things to learn. I'd recommend this one to everyone!
Actually this deck is pretty tough. But patience seems to give great rewards.

timemeansnothing, I won't knock this activity, as it can help you to understand them better and gain a personal bond, though decks like the Toth contain valuable symbols that would possibly help you grow even stronger as a reader and would be hard to put into your own deck without proper experience. Hope that makes sense.

Love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
flowersofthelady

Re:

Post by flowersofthelady »

extremejoy9 wrote:I've used a few different decks over the years but have settled on the small-sized Thoth deck. Just love the images.
: D
they're all so beautiful, it's hard to stop at one deck!
I have the Toth deck too, but the large ones. had them about 10 years now too i love them but they are just that bit big and hard to shuffle lol.
unbreakablespirit

Post by unbreakablespirit »

I have a 'Voyager Tarot' set! Its really cool I love giving my friends readings!
PaganOne

Post by PaganOne »

I use the Legacy of the Divine Tarot. It's the same author as the Gilded Tarot and the Tarot of Dreams.
mamma bear

Post by mamma bear »

I have the Tarot of the Cat People. I've had them for ...Wow about 25 years. I havent really used them often in the last 15 though. I have been thinking of using them again and recently went to a mystic fair and a used book dealer had an actual big book about the deck that goes into detail of thier creation. I saw that as a definate sign to get to know them again. Other then that I have been drawn more to oracle cards of which i have the Wisdom of the Hidden Realms and Archangel Raphael Healing Oracle cards both of which have beautiful artwork.
Mamma Bear
Make no mistakes...I will protect my young!
Ember Nightwolf

Re:

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

Twisted_Pixie wrote:I kind of collect decks lol but the deck i use mainly for readings for people and after ritual and for myself etc is the Druid Craft Tarot Deck... this deck is the best one i have ever come across and is so accurate and just resonates so perfectly with me.
Awesome! I have the Druid Craft Deck to, and they're great. Only trouble is that i got them off amazon, so didn't get a chance to see all the cards. Not that I'm bothered, but my mum freaked out when she saw the hanged man (naked guy hanging upside down with his balls flapping about!) oops. : )
There are three sides to a coin.
spook

Post by spook »

I use the Halloween tarot deck.
it's based off the rider waite,but all.....halloweeny.
I love it to bits and it seems to work well for me.
my dog decided the box it came it needed to go,but I painted a drawstring bag for it to go in instead.
I can tell when it's mad at me because it will give me almost all swords in my readings,to the point it's just a nonsense reading. lol
Asch

Post by Asch »

I've got the Druidcraft Tarot, there are quite a few cards re-named and the imagery is beautiful.
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
spook

Post by spook »

linky to an image on the web of what my deck lookylike:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/halloween/
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I really want the dalí deck - I actually love him and the cards are beautiful and have gold edging - i just wish they weren't so expensive -_-
currently I use the spiral deck though but the dali deck is going on my birthday list this year :D
xx

Return to “Tarot Talk”