Help understanding using crystals - I am a bit confused

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
springwater84

Help understanding using crystals - I am a bit confused

Post by springwater84 »

Hi everyone, I am glad I found this forum!

My crystals are: Bloodstone, Quartz, Rutilated Quartz, Aquamarine, Moonstone, Lapis Lazuli, Tigers Eye, Citrine, Green Fluorite, Sodalite, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Orange Calcite, Aventurine, Angelite, Carnelian, Rhodonite, Blue Lace Agate, Brecciated Jasper, Yellow Jasper, Hematite and Labradorite

I have these crystals together on display but have only used a few on myself in meditation out of anxiety

I keep Bloodstone in a glass of water in my bedroom. I empty and refill the glass about once a week

I do Reiki and was introduced to this through my teacher and read two books by Judy Hall on crystal healing. One book uses 12 specific crystals in different combinations for different healing meditations etc

The confusing thing to me is that I find myself meditating with a specific crystal for say 10-15 minutes and don't know what crystals combine well i.e. if both used in the same day

Example I lied down with Orange Calcite on my sacral chakra and meditated and felt quite content but then didn't know if I could meditate later with another crystal or this would make me "ungrounded" and take away the positive healing

As a result I don't use more than a single crystal a time to meditate in a day. Not together or after meditating with a specific crystal

I have considered alternating from one crystal meditation in the morning to another in the evening but haven't done this yet

The main thing is knowing what crystals work well together at the same time on different chakras and alternative times of the day

I have thought about starting with Orange Calcite getting the full benefits in the morning and later using a Rutilated Quartz or Yellow Jasper on my solar plexus later on

I have a sensitive energy system and just want to keep the positive feeling from crystal healing
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Hi Springwater84!

To use more than one crystal on different Charka's during the same day should not detract from the energy of previous stones. In fact, you can probably do a simultaneous all-body alignment with stones on each Charka point as long as the stone combination feels okay to you. If you load up with stones and then start feeling uncomfortable or otherwise in a bad way then stop immediately and try experimenting with alternate combinations.

If you don't want to go that route you can do a morning and evening meditation with different stones on the same day without their energies interfering with each other as long as you space the meditations about 12 hours apart. If you do this, try to perform Chakra work related to the Physical in the morning and related to the Spiritual at night. This is in line with the natural cycle of the Elements and should greatly aid your meditation.

I understand your concern about becoming 'ungrounded'. This doesn't really happen in my experience. The Sun is Physical and is ascending in the morning. This is the time to utilize your Physical-oriented stones as their energies will also be ascending at this time. In the evening the Sun descends and the Moon arises so the Physical-oriented stone energies will be waning while the Spiritual-oriented stone energies will be ascending. Since the Moon glows from the reflected energy of the Sun however, the Sun's influence is still present. It just isn't the prominent or dominant energy at that time. Same thing goes for the Moon during daytime. Think of it in terms of you conscious and sub-conscious. During daytime your conscious self dominates. At nighttime the sub-conscious dominates. You still feel the presence and influence of both at all times though.

In the morning you would probably want to use Bloodstone, Tiger's Eye, Citrine, Fluorite, Orange Calcite, Aventurine, Carnelian, Rhodonite, Jasper, and/or Hematite. These are all Projective stones related to the Physical. Use the others, and especially the Rose Quartz, at night. You can use the Quartz at any time. It is an all-purpose energy-amplifying stone. Also, try to perform your Chakra work at the same times each day and every day. Get your body use to that cycle. It helps a lot with attuning and reinforcing your body energies, especially if you have a sensitive energy system.

Hope this helped some! Blessings to you!

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
Witch13
Banned Member

collection

Post by Witch13 »

you got a big collection there, i got some 3 amethysts a diopside and a selenite... well for sure i know that for dreamwork amethyst selenite and citrine work good together!!!
i am working on crystal spell actually at this period...but i am just at the begginning
springwater84

Post by springwater84 »

Thanks One Walker!

I like the conscious, sub-conscious example with the physical and spiritual energies of the different crystals at day and night

I feel more confident now with at least using more than one crystal in a day!

I have been worried about the different intents through programming the stones getting confused and being "all over the place"

I am thinking about Rhodonite, Citrine and Orange Calcite on the heart, solar plexus and sacral chakras for the morning period

Maybe the Lapis Lazuli and Blue Lace Agate at night?

I am still nervous about the base chakra with stones that are specific for this and the energy that is here. Even in a combination with other chakras occupied

Do you ever programme the crystals together with the intent when using combinations on chakras? Example like holding them in your hands together "I dedicate these crystals to..." and "I programme these crystals to..." instead of individually for the intent when using one individually?
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Hello springwater84!

Your stone selection sounds fine. For the Base Chakra I can recommend Bloodstone for the morning ritual as it has a more gentle cleansing and realigning affect on the lower Chakra's. For the night ritual I'd use the Rutliated Quartz. Neither of these should adversely interfere with the energies of any of the other stones. In fact, they should serve to help 'smooth things out'. Both Bloodstone and Rut Quartz; or Quartz in general; are very good for obtaining overall energy balance.

As far as programming crystals together I personally prefer not to. I don't want to take a chance on confusing the crystals as to what part of the body they are individually responsible for addressing. If I'm going to do Chakra work with a specific stone I would program that stone for that use and then use it in the future only for that particular application.

Solitary crystals tend to be rather single-minded in their energies. That is to say, they may have several different potential applications but really they have a primary purpose which they are 'best' at-just like humans can be good at several things but usually have one thing they are exceptionally good at.

I myself go a bit different route than the established norm. I like and prefer to receive my stones directly from The Elements and as such they are usually composite stones of more than one mineral rather than solitary crystals. For instance, I received a Snow Quartz crystal with Jet inclusions in it. I place it on top of my head (Soma) and it gives me a total body scan. If I have a Chakra out of alignment or otherwise experiencing difficulty I will feel the energy obstruction at that location. It's a great way to quickly localize and deal with problems!

springwater84

Post by springwater84 »

Hi One Walker! Thanks for this info!

The base chakra position appears to be between your legs near the spine. I have seen smoky quartz used for example between the feet also for grounding with the other stones in place

I was confused if you had to programme them at all when using them together after dedicating and cleansing them. This means programming several stones individually when using them together

I am particularly drawn to Rhodonite at the moment for healing and the energy I feel from it. Would you keep any of them stones with you at all times in your pocket or wearing? I am drawn to citrine and rose quartz for this purpose

I read Citrine goes well with Carnelian effecting the lower 3 chakras, would you recommend this and any other combinations?

Thanks again for your help, there is a lot to it! :)
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Hey springwater84!

You can use any stone, not just Smoky Quartz, between your feet. This is the Earth Chakra and all stones are of the Earth. Darker stones like the Smoky Quartz are better than others simply because of the dark color. Black represents Earth and Stability and so it is a more 'intimate' connection. Color plays an important part in stones and it is a good way to quickly recognize what Chakra's a stone may be good for. Here's a little color association chart for you:

Red: Blood, Birth, and Death. Good for Base, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Spleen, Heart, Higher Heart.
Pink: Love. Good for Heart, Higher Heart, Throat, Past Life, Third Eye.
Orange: A softer, gentler version of Red. Good for the same Chakra's as Red. It calms the passions and provides smoother, soothing dissimulation of Red's energies. Good for use in conjunction with Red stones.
Yellow: Communication and Positivity. Good for Heart, Higher Heart, Throat, Past Life, Third Eye, Soma, Crown, Higher Crown.
Green: Nature, Fertility, Life, Luck, Success. Good for all Chakra's.
Blue: Sleep, Twilight. Good for Past Life, Third Eye, Soma, Crown, Higher Crown.
Purple: Spiritual. Good for Higher Heart, Third Eye, Soma, Crown, Higher Crown.
White: Sleep, Psychism. Good for Past Life, Soma, Crown, Higher Crown.
Black: Earth, Stability. Good for all Chakra's but especially Earth, Heart, Higher Heart, Soma, Crown, Higher Crown..

As far as programming you stones for a specific Intent, you don't have to program them but it helps a lot if you do. For myself, I would program them.

If you feel drawn to a particular stone or stones in a very powerful way I would say to carry them with you. Stones and humans connect most strongly in one of two circumstances:

A) The stone has an energy you Need.
B) You and the stone share a strong symbiosis. Sometimes it's the stone that Needs you! :lol: This is for companionship, like-mindedness, or traveling a path together in the same direction. Synergy is at work.

The only times I would not carry a stone-at least for a long period of time-is if it is radioactive; if it is magnetic (like Hematite); if its energies tend to disrupt me over a period of time; or in combination with other stones which render a disruptive feel (You'll feel it very quickly if they clash like this). Yes, there are stones that accepted doctrine says you should not carry for long periods of time but I've found it to be largely a matter of personal match-up since each stone and human is different and individual. A stone that disrupts one person may not do so with another.

The same holds true for the combination of stones you speak of. Citrine and Carnelian should go very well together but again, it depends on the person and their current energy and Aura status. Most likely they will work just fine for you. Citrine is an All-Chakra stone and should go well with just about any other. Carnelian is oriented toward the Base and Sacral Chakra's so yes, they should do very well together for the lower Chakra's. Here's a list of All-Chakra type stones from those you listed as having:

All Quartz
Citrine
Aquamarine
Green Fluorite

Use these in combination with other stones. You can also use these stones for both Physical and Spiritual meditation sessions since their primary function is clearing, cleansing and aligning.

One last thing. Try to wear the stone or stones on a bracelet or necklace type setup as opposed to carrying them. The stones work optimally when in direct contact with the skin, and especially in the area of the Chakra to which you have attuned them. The best attachment materials are Silver or Gold metal and Cotton or other pure yarns (no polymers). If this isn't possible or practical you can carry them in your pockets. Clothing with polymers in them restricts energy flow (100% pure cotton clothing is fine since it's all-natural). When you have the opportunity or feel the Need during the day just reach into your pocket; take the stone in your Receptive hand; and Visualize for a quick direct-contact boost of energy.

Hope this was helpful to you! Blessings to you and Wellness along your path!

springwater84

Post by springwater84 »

Thanks One Walker, this is brilliant

I have used Orange Calcite today in the morning period and Rutilated Quartz later on although it was a bit less than a 12 hour time gap!

Its good to speak to someone so passionate about this, I will keep you updated!
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

That's fantastic, springwater! I'm glad they are working out so well for you. I walk a Stone Shaman path, and although I mostly use stones obtained in the wild I do use some store-bought ones as well-particularly those not naturally available in my location. If I can be of any further assistance please ask. You're always welcome!

Blessings to you!

springwater84

Post by springwater84 »

Hi One Walker :)

I used Rhodonite today in the morning period. It was surprising I had a discomfort feeling in my heart when meditating with it on this chakra. Maybe trapped emotions? I felt a lot of energy in this stone

I read in the crystal bible by Judy Hall that Angelite unblocks the meridians when applied to the feet. Its all very intriguing!

I feel Yellow Jasper next :)
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Hello springwater!

That could very well be trapped emotions. Only you know! :wink: You seem to be in a very Positive state lately so I wonder if it might not be past emotions trapped but you are now ready to let go of their negativity? I don't know for sure-just guessing in the dark on this really. I'm really glad to hear it's working so well for you though! Tell me, have you looked at any other books besides Judy Hall's?

springwater84

Post by springwater84 »

I feel this too One Walker!

I got recommended the crystal bible and crystal healing Judy Hall books from my reiki master so I picked them up and two books on reiki. I have read a David Ashworth book but he covered the subject of crystals quite briefly

I like the crystal healing book because of the amount of different layouts with the crystals. There is even one for concentration and memory and full chakra recharge

I am opening up to it I guess :)
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Hello springwater84!

I have the Judy Hall books too, The Crystal Bible and the Encyclopedia. You may also want to try Scott Cunningham's "Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic" though. Not many pictures but tons of info and a good reference for Stone history and applications other than medical. Next time you're in a half-price bookstore take a look in the metaphysical section and see if they have it. Give it a look! I think you'll like it!

Blessings to you!

springwater84

Post by springwater84 »

Thanks One Walker!

I feel very in touch with Orange Calcite. Reading about all the calcites available look encouraging

I am now more curious about stones to heal the base chakra like you mentioned with Bloodstone for a more gentle effect.

In the crystal healing Judy Hall book she recommends Blue Lace Agate, Carnelian, Amethyst, Bloodstone and Green Aventurine for the Base chakra for releasing the emotion of anger particularly

What do you think? I feel I may be using calcite twice today! :)
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Sometimes I don't agree with everything Judy Hall recommends for certain applications. :wink:

When you want to release anger what you want to do is dump it into a stone, not dissipate it into the psychic atmosphere, because releasing it into the ethereal around you affects and contaminates your surroundings. That anger will linger around you in that place. The problem is, using a stone in the manner you indicate will also permanently contaminate the stone with that anger. That negative energy will linger in the stone, ruining it for any other application. Forget what the 'experts' say about 'cleansing' the stone after this use. If you try it you will only release that anger back into the local atmosphere and you will never get the stone completely cleared. Here's an excellent alternative:

1) Go outside to a relatively private place near a river, lake, or creek.

2) Pick up any good-sized stone around you and hold it in your Projective hand (Right hand if your-right-handed; left if you're left-handed.).

3) Visualize all the anger you feel in your heart and mind. Be very graphic about it and don't try to hold anything back. Push every angry thought you have; every vengeful deed you see yourself doing-no matter how terrible-into the stone. Mentally take it out on that stone. Visualize all that anger and those thoughts rushing down your arm and into the stone.

4) Your hand, or more likely your whole body, will start to shake; perhaps violently. Don't worry about it. This is a good thing because that means the negativity is rushing from you and into the stone. Keep pouring it on until you find yourself totally disgusted with the things your are thinking. Your mind will actually think this thought. That means the purge of negativity is complete.

5) Scream out loud or in your mind "NO!" or "Anger be gone!" and throw the stone away from you and into the water as far and as hard as you can. DO NOT drop the stone near you because it may explode.

If you feel at that time there is still some residual negativity in you, repeat this process until it's gone. Then perform meditation. This process saves your other stones from irreparable damage. The stone you throw will be cleansed by Water eventually. It make take years-even eons-so make sure you throw it in a body of water where nobody is likely to come across it (or parts of it if it exploded) any time soon.

Hope this helped some! :D

One Walker.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”