Music

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Silverslayer

Music

Post by Silverslayer »

This post is basically just all about music, and everything that has to do with it.

I personally love music, I'm always looking to find new and interesting music I enjoy, I mostly listen to Rock and Metal, but theres a bit of Alternative thrown in here and there. Metal for me entails the harder music I listen to such as System Of A Down(favorite band :)), things such as Bullet For My Valentine, which can be classified as "screamo" as well.

I myself am learning to play the guitar, I only know a couple songs and some intros, but I'm always getting better. It's very rewarding, I'd encourage anyone who'd really like to play, not just for the fame and such, but for the sake of a love of music, to really pursue this.

About my favorite band, System Of A Down, let me just say, I absolutely adore them. I find their music makes the most sense to me over any other music; I like their views, how they approach them, and that sort of "weird" element they add to it. They discuss politics and corruption in this world, criticize hypocrisy, encourage betterment, and stress that we need to improve in many ways, and recognize problems, not pretend they aren't there. Since I came to this forum I've come to a deeper appreciation of their music. One strong example of this is the song Inner Vision(album: Steal This Album!).

While their songs are all up to your own interpretation, I believe this song is based off the Wiccan religion. Look into the lyrics and you might see what I'm talking about, this one is rather obvious(to me). Lyrics found here(although it is missing a few lines, you'll see where): http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/64860/

EDIT: The part where the lyrics are missing is towards the end, the song states "There's only one true path of life.." and procedes to end the song with(in the lyrics), "Your sacred silence, losing all violence."

I'd like to note however, some of their lyrics are difficult to understand, and they do mean different things to different people. Also, some of these songs are sung from different perspectives, for example the one I'm listening to, A.D.D., (we don't give a **** about your world..); This isn't saying that Serj(lead singer) doesn't care about the world. He's singing from the view of(to me, a corrupt politician). I believe that most people who don't like their music, or think they just scream about things(when they're not even screamo mostly), don't understand it. Take the time to examine and gain a greater knowledge over things. I do realize that it just isn't for some people, and if that's the case, do your own thing.

I just think their music is truely amazing. I hope that somehow, you all can experience what I do every time I listen to one of their songs.

Also I find that a great deal of the ideas behind System's songs are based off of Serj's belief's and ideas. Also, I'm fairly sure(but not completely), that Serj is a Wiccan. He believes in non violent ways, and he has stated that he believes in what is, in nature, and living in harmony with all things. I have many of the same ideas as him, which is why I also follow his music through into his solo career, which is simply "Serj Tankian", for the artist. I only know of one album by him in this(4 albums for System, one is a two-in-one album), but this also expresses many of the same ideas as System, with a different approach. The music tends to be much lighter, but still in the general area of rock. I am also told he plays every single instrument in his songs there, guitar, piano, (violin I think), and others.

I think this man is an amazing person.

And that brings me to the end of my post. Any thoughts? Questions? Feel free to add how you feel, your favorite band, type of music, songs you truely enjoy by these bands, etc. I'd like to hear anything you have to say :).
JackRabbitSlims

Post by JackRabbitSlims »

System of a down is absolutly amazing.

I'm a big fan of the Mezmerize album.

:)
I've been playing the gee-tar for about a year now. I love it. :D its totally worth the time and effort.

Oh,
How do you feel about Mindless Self Indulgence?

A few bands that personally make me feel happy areee:

-The Misfits. (Danzig albums only please. Its not the same without that genuine crooner voice.)

-Tiger army: Their stand up bass makes their music tops. Haha

-Red hot chilli Peppers: anthony kiedis and John frusceti (cannot spell his last name.) Are fabulous.

Oh and I really like-a

-Queen
-Echo and the Bunnymen
-The blood Brothers
-The distillers
-Kings of Leon.
-Foo Fighters
-The Pixies
-The Darkness
-RadioHead
-Death Cab for cutie.
-Rancid
-Paramore
-Sublime
-Bright Eyes
-The HorrorPops

Just some to look up if your interested. :D

Music= Life.
.You are Beautiful.
Silverslayer

Post by Silverslayer »

Well I know Sublime, The Misfits, and RHCP out of those. I've heard of, and maybe know a song or two, by a few of the others, but you've got some in there I've never heard of in my life lol.

I'll be sure to look them up, I probally wont be satisfied until my computer crashes from the amount of music in my library when I open itunes :D.
LycanBlade

Post by LycanBlade »

MSI and SOAD are both amazing

i personally like a large spectrum of music

i enjoy metal, rock, techno, industrial, punk, happy hardcore, alt. rock, a couple country songs, the only thing i listen to thats like rap is insane clown posse and hollywood undead....but there like metal rap so its ok
Rifts
Banned Member

Post by Rifts »

TECHNO 4EVAH!

If the ever find out how to extract energy from techno just ONE SONG will power the world for 2,000 years. I'm serious.
Silverslayer

Post by Silverslayer »

Rifts980 wrote:TECHNO 4EVAH!

If the ever find out how to extract energy from techno just ONE SONG will power the world for 2,000 years. I'm serious.
I don't think I'll ever understand why people like techno. Maybe tell me why you do :)?
Rifts
Banned Member

Post by Rifts »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhH5GRk0 ... 0&index=26
Just listen to that beat. Great for dancin' and just about anything

also check out these guys.
Techno kid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o9ztgb ... 4&index=52

The Jumstyle dou by Jumpforce http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o9ztgb ... 4&index=52

I dance more like the the second video, bt also a bit like the first. I just let the beat take control.

here's some lighter techno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnIhibj ... PL&index=9
Rifts
Banned Member

Post by Rifts »

Then you bust out TEH GLOW STICKs, oh yeah

Return to “For Everyone”