Helping Others

Talk about anything you want to here.
Silverslayer

Helping Others

Post by Silverslayer »

I realize that there are charity organizations designed specifically to help others, and that you can also simply do small things in your every day life; but I was curious about any ideas people have to help others to a greater extent? I am not yet 18, so that limits me, and also, we do not have very much money. Currently we make around $35,000 a year, including $1,000 for a social security check, which is to be cut down in August to $500 a month, when I turn 16.

Yet still even though we could probally use a little helping ourselves, I would like to help others. I understand the pain that children and really, anyone, is forced to go through, many on a daily basis, and I'd like to do what I can to ease that pain.

Does anyone have some ideas, that I could carry out with these conditions? Also feel free to post other ideas that people with more money, etc, could carry out; maybe someone else here will take action on them.

Thanks everyone :)!
JackRabbitSlims

Post by JackRabbitSlims »

Volunteering would be good.

:) all it takes is your free time.

Look around at local soup kitchens, hospitals, & thrift stores.

Helping them means they can do their best to help others as well.

:) also a good way if you want to donate would be to look into your local red cross association. They can help give you ideas to help them or ways you can donate.

Maybe give clothes you no longer use to a homeless shelter.

Another thing you can do is clean up. Go to local parks, or other areas and clean up rubbish. Having clean parks and places like basketball courts means more people will go, keeping more kids active and interested in playing, not just tv. :)

Things you do don't always have to include large sums of cash, or a lot of your energy. The smallest, kindest gestures are always helpful.

If you are interested in donating, I'd suggest contacting any local non profit organizations.

Hope this works for you. :)
.You are Beautiful.
Silverslayer

Post by Silverslayer »

Thanks for the reply :)!

I knew a few of those, but actually wasn't thinking of them, thanks for reminding me! I had completely overlooked volunteering. I don't think we have a soup kitchen here though, and we don't have a hospital here. Any ideas on anywhere else to volunteer that could directly help people?

By the way, there's only 7,000 year-round residents in the town I live in.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”