Just got my first Tarot deck!

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
)(Apollo the Good)(
Banned Member

Just got my first Tarot deck!

Post by )(Apollo the Good)( »

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to share my excitement thanks to the fact that I just got my new deck of Tarot Cards (their are the standard Rider-Waite)! :) I am so excited to get to know the cards and connect with tarot on a very personal and deep level.

I was worried that because I didn't see the deck I was ordering online, I wouldn't know if it was the right one for me; but as soon as I held the box in my hand I felt drawn to it, as if I had just "happened" to be sent the "right" deck for me. I am more apt to believe, however, that it was chosen for me by the Goddess/Divine. Perhaps, I could say I wasn't the one choosing the deck...but vice versa. :)

Anyway! I am thrilled to become more familiar with them and start my exploration of reading them. I will probably still cleanse the deck before I start using them, even though they are new and in a plastic package. I just want them cleansed of any possible negative energy.

I have a great site by the way for anyone who wants to learn tarot. It's set up like an online course with specific lessons and exercises for each one.

http://www.learntarot.com/course.htm

If anyone tries it let me know how you like it! It has proven extremely helpful and beneficial to me! Does anyone have any advice for tarot?
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

My advice?
I started doing readings for myself first thing. For the first little while I'd always have my plethora of books aside me, to look up the book meanings.
The more you read, the more you get to see the intuitive parts of it, and stop needing the books.
So all I can say is study and practice.

Also, Just scanned the website you posted.
I favorited it, way too much information for a single sitting.
)(Apollo the Good)(
Banned Member

lol

haha!
I favorited it too. Have to do a couple lessons a day at most whenever I feel the need to, because of the overwhelming information. It is extremely helpful, however, and I look forward to getting to study hard on it.

:) Thnx for the advice, Crowfeather
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Re: lol

Post by Crowfeather »

)(Apollo the Good)( wrote:haha!
I favorited it too. Have to do a couple lessons a day at most whenever I feel the need to, because of the overwhelming information. It is extremely helpful, however, and I look forward to getting to study hard on it.

:) Thnx for the advice, Crowfeather
Lol, I wouldn't consider it advice. I consider myself a novice, even though I have a growing fanbase of people I've read for.

Oh, and your new pic is pretty hot, if I do say so myself. Better than the angel guy.
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

Crow! (I know you're gone for the time being) ...from the straight guy to the gay guy...never thought I would see that. So, Apollo...how are you coming along with it?
)(Apollo the Good)(
Banned Member

hey

*blush*
Thnx guys...
:)

I am doing ok! Right now I have been reading a section that suggests doing as simple one card reading a day (to get the know the cards well).

I shuffled the deck a couple of times, grounded and centered,
and relaxed with the deck in one hand and the other hand over it.

First, I was seeking insight as to the rest of the night. It was about a week ago and I cant remember what I drew but it had to do EXACTLY with how I had been feeling at the time with stuff going on with my friends. (Now everything is better.)

Then, I asked about insight to whether I should quit smoking or not. I was shuffling and then the Ace of Pentacles fell out. In reading up on it, I discovered it represents a tough choice or road that will lead to a higher path. A path that will reap great rewards but getting there may be difficult. Also, it stands for physical health, which I thought was interesting.

Anyway, I love my deck so far! :)

How are you guys doing?
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

We're good here, Crow is temporarily absent as he's moving, I can already tell you it's best you quit smoking now...haha...perhaps I should preach what I teach as this is really coming from one smoker to another...I tried to follow 's story on the site, but I've found lately that I've not had the will-power to do it.
stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

wow thanks for posting this i recently got a new deck myself but i need someone to tell me how to cleanse a new deck!! no one replied to my post about it : ( so please someone inform me so i can begin practice! i cant waite to read that site u posted it looks chock full of information!
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
RAWRwiccan

Post by RAWRwiccan »

I got my first Tarot deck when i was thirteen I LOVED THEM!!
roseonfire

Re: Just got my first Tarot deck!

Post by roseonfire »

It's quite late for a reply to this really, but in case it gets any interest, I have a tip for any starting out to Tarot (or even experienced users who want to try something different). This tip was passed on to me by a professional when I got my first deck so I'll pass it on to anyone here who is new.
It is not the usual way, but let the deck choose the signifier. It's a card that is supposed to represent the Quarent's personality, yet many will tell you to pick it based on their appearance, which never made sense to me. Other people will tell you to pick the signifier based on your impression of the Quarent. Well, when I got my first deck, I was camped beside a professional at the festival I was at and she had me give her a reading so she could give me a few pointers and tips. While I was looking for a card to be her signifier I got my first tip, let the deck choose the card. This has proven to be very useful and accurate and I've continued to use the method to this day.

And a little off topic, Crowfeather, are you a fan of the Warriors serries by any chance?
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.

Return to “Tarot Talk”