Elements + Circle casting

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Ravencry

Re: Elements + Circle casting

Post by Ravencry »

After calling the elements, I face upward and on my altar I have a white or silver goddess candle and a white or gold god candle and I call the Goddess/God that I worship or would like to assist me in my spell. You can cast a circle how you wish, though, its about you and what makes you feel comfortable and protected. Yes you can use purple, purple and white are good colours for spirit.
phoenix syrin

Post by phoenix syrin »

ok good cause everytime I read or think about casting a circle. I feel like something is missing if i dont use spirit.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I do, too. Incorporate spirit how you feel best, call on Goddesses or Gods, or just spirit in itself. I hope that helps a bit :D
phoenix syrin

Post by phoenix syrin »

Now if only i had a place to cast a circle. I rent the back part of a house and the person who rents the front part has two dogs and they live in the back with me. And when i go outside they always want my attenetion. And my cat lives in my room and if i try to do stuff by my self then she decides to demand my attention lol.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Animals are free to move in and out of the circle at will, but unfortunately they do vy for your attention when your trying to focus it elsewhere. Its hard for me to do magick because my boyfriends mothers cat is in heat and she wants that attention, and then she likes to play with the feathers on my wand, too. LOL. When animals butt in when I am chanting or something, I ignore them until I can take a break to give them a little attention, then I go back to what I'm doing.
phoenix syrin

Post by phoenix syrin »

lol my cat is in heat to and she is still young and curious. I lite a candle once and she tried to touch. Luckly I was right there and moved it but I havent lite one since. I just dont want her to get hurt
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

My boyfriends mothers cat did that too, but with the stove burner. She didn't realise (and neither did anyone else) until half of her tail fur was gone, and then my boyfriends mom stuck her tail in the faucet and that freaked her out. Keeping her away from flame is a good idea (especially if you plan on putting the candles on the ground) It may be difficult, but I'm sure that after much thought you'll figure out a way to do your spells and keep kitty safe, also. Maybe you could get her a bit of catnip and sprinkle somewhere out of the way.
phoenix syrin

Post by phoenix syrin »

Ive put catnip on her scratching post when i first got it. she sniffed it and walked away.lol
Emerald

Post by Emerald »

This is the way I cast a circle, if I'm doing a full ritual, which isn't that often, because most of the time I just do my own private meditations on the Sabbats, and don't do a lot of spell work (I follow Wicca more as a religion/belief system, I do perform workings, just rarely, and it doesn't form the main part of my practice). Anyway...

I dispense with the traditional measuring of the circle with cords, for the majority of people practicing in the privacy of their homes it's just not practical to have a circle 11 ft in diameter at it's outer most point.

First I consecrate salt and water. I trace an invoking pentagram 3 time in the water with my Athame, and say the words -

"The blessings of the Lady and Lord be upon thee , o spirit of water, I do cast out all impurities and darkness so that only goodness and light remain."

I repeat with the salt, saying the same words ("The blessings of the Lady and Lord be upon thee , o spirit of water, I do cast out all impurities and darkness so that only goodness and light remain").

Using the tip of my Athame I then mix three measures of salt into the water, and spend some time in quiet meditation visualising any negative energy being drawn into my body with each breath, and then dispersed into the earth. At the same time I also visualise cleansing energy from the earth being drawn into me and channeled into the water as white light. I do this until I'm satisfied that the water and salt mixture has been properly purified.

I then take the consecrated water, and walking in a circle, starting in the east, I sprinkle the water around the area I'm working in, and say the words -

“I walk this circle once around to bless and consecrate this ground."

I repeat with burning incense, again walking the circle, and tracing the incense in the air whilst saying the words -

“I walk this circle once again, between the worlds all time will bend.”

I then take my Athame and trace the parameters of the circle in the air, saying the words -

“I walk the circle thrice this time for the protection of the Lady and the Lord are thine.”

I then stand at each of the directions, East, West, South, and North, and draw an invoking elemental pentagram at each point (visualising each pentagram flowing from my arm, through my Athame, and being traced in the air in front of me - I also visualise the pentagram glowing the colour of its element, and also visualise the appearance of the Lords of the Watchtower).

As I'm doing this I say the words -

"All hail be to thee, Lords of the Watchtowers of the East (repeat for South, West, and North)
I do summon, stir and call thee up that you may witness these rites, and guard this sacred circle.

Once I'm satisfied that each of the corners has been properly called, I bow my head, and kneel in the direction as a sign of respect.

Once I've finished calling the corners, I spend a few moments visualising the integrity of the circle, and strengthening it if need be. I then stand in the middle of the circle, with both arms raised above my head, and invoke the Goddess. Then I with my arms crossed over my chest, fingers formed into the sign of the Horned one, and invoke the God. I usually write my own individual invocations to the Goddess and God beforehand to do this, and it changes depending on the reason for me invoking them in the first place (healing ritual, Sabbat, etc). If I'm working with a partner or group I'll more than likely perform the full ritual of drawing down the moon, including the traditional horned god invocation and the five fold kiss. Otherwise that's pretty much it, and the circle is cast. :D
wolfgirl96

Post by wolfgirl96 »

i feel spirit can be an element or possibley you as a witch and your personal power... also a lot of what you will find is what feels right i tend to represent earth with green and i start with fire, but east sounds like a good place to start as well when you put it like that as well as when you look at the directions it seems like a good starting place
Mazu Sakura

Post by Mazu Sakura »

How do you know if you are a spirit element?
The tears we cry are the scars we bear.
May we bear them with pride, for they tell the story of who we are and where we have been.
BLESSED BE!
Kallandra

Post by Kallandra »

The elements play a large part in what magick I've done. They feel... closer, I suppose, to me than the God and Goddess, and I prefer to call on them. I also feel very close the Water element, and I get the urge to go outside and do SOMETHING magickal whenever it rains. Took me a while to actually recognise the rain as being there every time.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”