simplicity

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
hedge*

simplicity

Post by hedge* »

Hi there
I don't know if this has been said before,I've done a search and couldn't find anything, so I'll apologise now if it allready has .
Spells needn't be long winded and complicated. You do not HAVE to wait for a particular moon phase or wear a certain colour or find a certain Tree or use a particulal Herb,coloured candle or crystal.
In my opinion it is the intent which gives birth to the spell and not the items used. Yes they can assist you but they are no way essential IMO.
I have successfully performed spells on a bus travelling to town with nothing but my intent. By not using tools it in no way lessons the spell IF the intentions are behind it. So don't worry and fret 'cos you haven't got Valerian Root or an amethyst or it isn't a full moon. More concentration is needed on the actual energy behind the intent than the items that can be used.

Disclaimer:

These are my opinions and thoughts and should in no way be taken as truth-though they are my truths.
ladybre

Post by ladybre »

THank you ...

i have done this to the same spell but at different times and with tools and with out tools ... its all the same
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Yeah tools can help a spell but they are not necessary. Geez, I could've said it like that the first time. :D
darkestlight*

poem

Post by darkestlight* »

I foung this poem in a book of protection spells by silver ravenwolf and it reminded me of this same topic....

"As you read each line and spell
Learn one lesson very well
It's not the words and chants you do
It's not the tools that see you through
They simply help work your plan
While all the power is in your hand
And words and deeds may play a part
But magick lives within the heart!"

I really like it
Lora
Lora
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

thanks for sharing, its a kewl poem!

~willow~
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
Fox Flame*

Post by Fox Flame* »

Speaking of Silver Ravenwolf, she has a bad reputation with some Pagans. They say that she's just out to make money with her books. I don't really have an opinion about her, but what do others think?
darkestlight*

ravenwolf

Post by darkestlight* »

i'm not sure about that but I know some of the things in her book I have were helpful.
Lora
Fox Flame*

Post by Fox Flame* »

Not saying that message wasn't good, because I don't use many tools either, so I understand. I was just questioning her motives. A lot of people say that, so people who are readers, I was wondering what you think.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I've not read any of her stuff but I do know a lot of pagans whose opinions I respect that do not like her at all. But after all's been said and done, it is allways better to form your own conclusions :D
Fox Flame*

Post by Fox Flame* »

That's true, hedge. I just wanted opinions because I don't have much money to waste, so most of the books I read are recommended.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”