how you open your third eye

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Rowland

how you open your third eye

Post by Rowland »

how do i open my third eye i tried meditated but i have trouble clearing my mind any ideas how i can clear my mind and open my third eye
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

My experience with such leads me to the word... concentration, this is key, with proper concentration you should be able to clear your mind. This task is one of the most difficult tasks many newer people (in the sense of mediation and opening your third eye) have when they begin. They find it hard to concentrate mostly due to things that are occuring around them.

If your life is at peace so will be your mind, if you are currently in the middle of a crisis for instance, it will be more difficult because you have a lot to think about, this can cause loss of concentration as well.

Mental control is also a factor, though this one requires concentration to work, but you may be able to filter your thoughts down to nothing by focusing on the minor ones and discarding the major ones allowing you to be at peace.

Music has been proven effective at removing ones thoughts and relaxing them, especially those that use natural sounds along with soft music such as a flute or harp.

Finally, the technique I have found works for me most of the time I kind of stole from Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" series books. It involves picturing a pitch black void and summoning a candle flame without the candle into existance within the void, then you feed your current thoughts and anything else that may interfere with concentration into the flame. You can also feed emotions into it which is rather relaxing.

Ultimately it will rely on what works for you, these are some of my ways and others will have further insight as well. I am by far not an authority on this subject but I can give you my experiences, listed above, that help me accomplish this goal.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

I have a thread where you meditate with music...if you don't like silence and need something to distract you.

learn how to organize your thoughts...force yourself to think of one thing at a time

like you're trying to focus on one thought and another tries to come in...push the bloody thing away...tell it no! imagination is good...

as far as third eye goes...I'll explain that in Witchcraft School
thetouch

Post by thetouch »

yup i agree, concentrate and focus...
may
Athena
Blessed you

Post by Pixie 89 »

When you meditate just try to relax, get into a comfy postion that works, best for you. Some people like to lay down,or sit while doing meditation.
Take slow breath's and let your mind wonder to where, you don't even think about anything else. (Like pretend you're a balloon, thats slowly riseing into the air. Or just try whatever looks best for you.)When doing meditaion some people like to listen, to calm music, or just in peice and quiet. And I agree with the previous post, consentration is the key! ^_^ One last thing just take your time!
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Zjdena

Post by Zjdena »

focus grasshopper. :D
Travis Sanders

Post by Travis Sanders »

sometimes if meditation doesnt work as well for you, chanting and toning help to vibrate bones in the face which in term shakes awake the third eye and second sight. Also lots of dairy can keep the third eye cloudy as well as alot of dense heavy meat.
truthseeker2

Post by truthseeker2 »

whats a third eye
Whitewitchboi_235

Post by Whitewitchboi_235 »

i think i'm going to ask wat truthseeker did, sorry. wat is a third eye? i only have two.

wat is it supposed to see?
Moon_Child

Post by Moon_Child »

You can meditate and imagine an indigo flower opening that's one exercise. However don't try to force it open that could lead to unpleasantness. It will slowly start to open with time if you keep working on it. Make sure your lower chakras are open first or you will be unbalanced.
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

Travis Sanders wrote:sometimes if meditation doesnt work as well for you, chanting and toning help to vibrate bones in the face which in term shakes awake the third eye and second sight. Also lots of dairy can keep the third eye cloudy as well as alot of dense heavy meat.

Why does eating alot of dairy and eating alot of dense heavy meat, can keep the 3rd eye cloudy? What other types, of food is good for the 3rd eye?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Meditation, just like every other skill takes practice... some people can get to that clear headed state quickly, others it takes time... just practice, practice, practice.... if you find that your mind is thinking of all the things you need to do or whatever, write all of the things you need to do down before you meditate so at least your mind is at ease knowing you won't forget them =D
Last edited by Firebird on Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling and text speak
Xal

Post by Xal »

Pixie 89 wrote:
Travis Sanders wrote:sometimes if meditation doesnt work as well for you, chanting and toning help to vibrate bones in the face which in term shakes awake the third eye and second sight. Also lots of dairy can keep the third eye cloudy as well as alot of dense heavy meat.

Why does eating alot of dairy and eating alot of dense heavy meat, can keep the 3rd eye cloudy? What other types, of food is good for the 3rd eye?
Meat and dairy are considered food that are heavy vibrationally, thus they can inhibit such experiences. However you can still eat these foods if you set the right intentions beforehand.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Jo.A

Post by Jo.A »

they said it, just meditate, but be careful, not doing it well could be dangerous, besides, its not so nesesary why do you need it for?
Golden Light
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: how you open your third eye

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old topic

The third eye is the pineal gland in the middle of the forehead. The Eye of Horus symbol resembles the physical shape. The gland actually has receptors like the other 2 eyes but no light.

When meditating roll your physical eyes upward as if looking at your forehead, and close your eyes. Keep “looking” at your forehead behind your closed eyelids. You might see a retinal after image of an eye. Hold it about a minute and then relax.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”