Mormons

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
sheelanagig

Post by sheelanagig »

LOL Greymalkin :lol:

They want us to learn about their religion but are so biased they wont try to learn or understand anything that we consider our path in life...

Any one would think we cause them hell and damnation by talking to them.
stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

the one morman family i knew in highschool was atcually preatty cool. the kid i knew the most was kinda crazy though, he loves rock music, drinking smokin, and wearing kilts and other crazy getups.
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
RuneGeek

Post by RuneGeek »

sheelanagig wrote:They want us to learn about their religion but are so biased they wont try to learn or understand anything that we consider our path in life...
Unfortunately that's not just a Mormon trait. I get that sort of thing from Baptists sometimes too.

Recently the guy who was my best friend when we were growing up (he's a Baptist preacher now) messaged me on FB in an effort to get me to "see the real truth". I was really taking it easy on him while he prattled on about how I was deceived and I had no proof of my beliefs and how I was being my own god and "picking and choosing"... ad nauseum.

Finally I pointed out that his holy book was littered with contradictions and his god was genocidal and misogynistic. And *poof* ... he ran crying for the door. Said that he wanted to still be friends but that he couldn't listen to me saying such terrible things about the god he loved.

It's all fine-and-dandy when they're dishing it out, but the gods forbid that they should get a taste of their own medicine.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Very true Runegeek.

Anyway, what's so nad about 'picking and choosing' anyway?

If you go to a salad cart you don't have to eat everything there just because it's there, you take the things you like and leave the things you don't.

Common sense to me.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

sheelanagig, honey stay away from jw's they are bad news. just say ur a pagan devil worspher and see how long they stay. I hate them because they self centered and mask themselfs until they know u. :D

blessed be :D

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”