Strange Spirit

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
silvermists

Strange Spirit

Post by silvermists »

I have this weird spirit in my bedroom. I get the feeling that it is a middle aged(ish) man, and he really scares me. My house is brand new, so I doubt it could be the ghost of a dead man. But I get really uneasy and sometimes I'm afraid to go to sleep. Sometimes I even think I can see strange dark shapes moving. It can't be trees outside the window because there are no tall trees, and the shadows look 3D. Any suggestions?

Krissi
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

I kinda know what you're talking about. One of my friends had a newer house and I stayed in one of thier guest bedrooms one time. That night I felt so afraid! (and I was 18 at the time, so its not as though I were an impressionable 7 year old or something...) It was as though there was something right outside the window looking inside at me. It was a very negative entity whatever it was, and it scared the bejezus out of me. *lol*

I've had that sensation before too. At my old house, there was something else that I would feel was by my window sometimes. But it wasn't anything like the feeling at my friend's place. At my house it seemed creepy because I knew something was there, not flat out scary. *lol*

Anyway, whatever they were, they weren't ever inside the house with me. But I would always envision that there was a barrier on the window/wall they couldn't get through. Maybe you could try that same thing... But use the barrier to push him outside or away.

You could also try a good cleansing ritual. I'll see if I can find one and get back to you. :)

- Em
silvermists

Post by silvermists »

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that if he is there again tonight. I hope he isnt though :lol: .
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

My parents built our house brand new when I was 4 years old. We cut down the trees and everything to build there, but I saw ghosts in that house when I was a child (at night when I was in bed, of course). I'm still not sure what really happened. Maybe they were guardian spirits, or maybe there was something on that land many years before we built there. But I know it's possible to have spirits in a new house because it definitely happened to me.

GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

I think spirits can follow people around from house to house as well. So with that in mind it doesn't matter if your house is new or old. In general yes, I think they are attatched or come with an older house, but I've known people who've had the spirits follow them around. I've had them with me in my van! My advice, cleansing, cleansing, cleansing!!! Burn some sage, it's one of the simplest cleansings you can do.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
5moons

Post by 5moons »

yes spirits can follow you around. They are still human life forms, but in a spirit form that is connected to this world by energy. So they go where they will feel comfort.
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

Not only could a spirit/ghost/whatever follow you. but he could be attached to the land or an object you have as well. No one can beat any of the stories about the house I used to live in. some of these stories could give you nightmares for weeks. Ask darkest light. She will agree with me! So I made studying Spirits/ghosts/and other magical beings my number one goal.

With shadowy figures... If the figures look as if they cannot be affected by light (as in you could shine a light on them and there would still be just deep darkness) then you deffinately have a negitive entity around. If it looks as if it can be affected by light. them that could be the way your third eye is envisioning spirits.

With your spirit/ghost man... Have you talked to this man? Somtimes if you just tell them to move on to where they need to be they will leave. This may sound strange but here I go. There are no safe ghosts. I dont mean they are bad or anything let me explaine. Ghosts don't belong here. They need to move on to where they are sopost to be. Maybe explain to this ghost (or have a mediator do it for you) That he is not where he is sopost to be. That he has passed away and there is a place where he belongs waiting for him. Say it nicly as each ghost has a differant personality. If he doesn't move on or if he is hostile you may have to bannish him from your house.

If he is a spirit ( which for some reason I just don't think he is) then he may be there for a reason. you can meditate on him or do a spell to induce a dream to see what it is he is there for.

hope I've helped some.
**Nothing is set in stone**
*~Charmed~*

Ghosts and such...

Post by *~Charmed~* »

Spirits tend to get "upset" when we speak of them being dead, they're not dead, we are...according to Sylvia Brown we are the ones whom are dead, not the spirits because they will continue indefinitely we won't.

"House Protection Incense"

3 parts Frankincense
2 parts Dragon's Blood
1 part Myrrh
1 part Sandalwood
1 part Wood Betony
1/2 part Dill Seed
few drops Geranium Oil

Burn incense in your house to cleanse it at least once a month, perhaps on the Full Moon.
Additionally, burn this mixture in a new house prior to moving in.

*~Blessed Be!~*
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

That is true but each ghost is differant so you have to handle them all differantly... you will know what to say and what to do when the time comes for you to speak with him. Some you can flat out tell them that they are dead... others you have to make realize for themselves, some others get very distressed or angry. It all depends on the ghost.
**Nothing is set in stone**
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

I have had two chorded spirits that have 'invaded' me in the past. One was at a friends rented place. An old women latched onto me and it took a few nights of work with her to convince her that it was safe for her to 'let go.' She left and never returned and as she was leaving she became very young. It was really cool.

ANother time, I went to a mystic shop in Toronto and a "darker" energy chorded with me. He said he was tired of his existence and needed me to transform him into the light. THis took months! He said, 'you will notice changes' and I did. Things were often confusing and I was quite grumpy. Then, it was time, I just sensed it, I meditated hard and did everything I could to remove the chords and finally he set me free.

If you are seeing a spirit it has a chord in you. Chakra and meditative work are the best way to send the chords back to them with pure light. If you are still seeing 'him,' I would try a de-chording ritual. It may take more than one try, but soon enough he will be on his way. Good luck silvermists.

bsp
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's the first time I've heard of "chorded spirits". Interesting stuff. I like the story about the ghost that turned young. That's cool.

being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

When you start doing chakra and energy work you can actually see the cords people and other entities have lodged in you. Some are harmful, most are not. The goal is to take out unwanted cords and send them back with fire and light. SOmetimes you can see where they are being sent back to, sometimes not. Flourite is a good stone to help dissipate messy cords and protect from new ones. But, some cords we want to keep, like our lovers' etc as long as they are not thwarting your growth, then they are "good" cords.

Blessings,

bsp
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Very interesting.
adair

Post by adair »

We can only hope that our spirits stay where we are most happy.I for one would hate to be stuck playing out my death for-ever in the afterlife.The christians bible says,we are a soul living in a body and we have a sprit.It also says that our body goes back to dirt,or ashes,and our soul goes to heaven.So what then with the spirit?It never clearly states if it leaves or stays. :idea:

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”