I think I discovered a flaw in the idea of reincarnation

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Packie99

Re: I think I discovered a flaw in the idea of reincarnation

Post by Packie99 »

I think that if you submit to the idea of reincarnation, then the memory of the "inbetween" becomes an insignificant point. Maybe it would hinder learning on our current journey. Maybe it is too closely connected to our past life, and therefore is lost when we are born to this one (because you must take into consideration at what point you actually lose the memory.) That is, if you believe there is an intelligence that came up with some cosmic plan to make us reach a higher level of being.

One thing I tend to see when people speak of reincarnation is that they limit the experience to this world. They have not taken into consideration the fluctuation of life throughout our universe, let alone throughout a theoretical multi universe (something that quantum physicists are looking into). Plagues kill populations, natural disasters take out millions, planets die, and suns explode. Any single example of these events on another world could account for a dramatic or exponential increase on our own.

Not that I necessarily believe in reincarnation. I'm just making a few points. Do not mistake it for being my own belief.

Packie
mist

Post by mist »

Packie99 wrote:I think that if you submit to the idea of reincarnation, then the memory of the "inbetween" becomes an insignificant point. Maybe it would hinder learning on our current journey.

One thing I tend to see when people speak of reincarnation is that they limit the experience to this world.
Packie
Yes! Exactly. If you thought about reincarnation that way - if you knew that this life was just a time to learn, you wouldn't continue to ''play the game.'' That's what's happened to me. Tragedy after tragedy was supposed to hurt me so that I'd advance from the 'person' I was on the spiritual plane of existence. Well, I've reached over saturation of pain and so now I'm just going through the motions to get through this life. Don't take that the wrong way. I'm just accepting my 'punishment' and walking away from the pain in this life. I've 'learned' enough.

Yes, you reincarnate here on Earth and you also reincarnate on many other planets. You didn't originate here on Earth.
crystalwitch

Post by crystalwitch »

Hi, i would like to share my beliefs. :)

I believe that it's not true that we don't remember our past lives, because the souls never forget. They just do not surface on our level of our consciousness. We do remember everything. The physical brain just isn't aware yet, but the memory is still within us. That's why when individual meet and fall in love, it's usually with people from their past. There's immediate remembrance of someone very special. I've met several people like that. Not only is this true of persons. But we also remember places and events of the past.

Buddha recall his over five hundred past incarnation.

According to Secret Doctrine written by H.P Blavatsky (founder of the theosophical Society). She says that there are no new souls incarnating. There's a finite number of souls created, but there are not enough physical bodies on earth to contain them. As new bodies are formed, and as they evolve, the pre-existing souls inhibit them. And that's how population grows.

Let me quote the following observation made by Stuart Holroyd in his book Psychic voyages.

"The very idea of reincarnation may be distasteful to the modern rationalist view of reality, but it is a fundamental belief in most of the worlds religions, and one that the great western philosophers of the ancient world --- Pythagoras, Socrates, Plato --- all believed in. The idea that humans have a second immortal body is also basic to the beliefs of Christianity. In rejecting the idea of reincarnation, rationalism is rejecting not only the belief of many of the great thinkers and leaders of mankind throughout history but also those of a steadily increasing number of present day scientist."

-crystalwitch :)

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”