I think I discovered a flaw in the idea of reincarnation

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
blackwavy

Re: I think I discovered a flaw in the idea of reincarnation

Post by blackwavy »

theSeeker wrote:
Heroine26 wrote: Does ALL our memory get wiped out when we are born again?
Some believe that we loose all sense of spiritual being when we are born into human form (this is done to allow us to perform the task we were sent here to accomplish with out interference from our past spiritual life)... and it is the seeking of our true existence while we are here in this world that we become "grow" spiritual again, thus, find our way back home... to our place of being, that which we came from.

... does this cycle repeat or is it an one time deal - idk
That's is very true.
blackwavy

Post by blackwavy »

I am opened to all spiritual practices that helps us to become better individuals as well as to advance spiritually.

Listening to your Higher Self is what people should do. This world is nothing but an illusion. We welcome it as reality and it becomes our reality because it cannot see passed it. Another thing is that when you advance, you raise your energy, your light quotient, which gives you ascess to other worlds material and immaterial.

Reincarnation means coming back to this world because of debt and correcting that debt will allow you to move on along with obtaining Self-Realization; Realizing the God/Goddess in yourself. After SR, you can have the choice to whether you want to reincarnate. Many do incarnate to help others see the light. Many spirits from other worlds like Star, Indigo and Crystal Children are good examples.

We are reincarnated so many times, its unbelieveable because we have to master this life.

I think Eastern religion is true to where we go after death.
Jean-Pierre-Chatelaine

Post by Jean-Pierre-Chatelaine »

Whilst I am certain that none among is privy to what exactly happens when our Life Force leaves our body, we can and do speculate upon these events.

Nothing is known and can be said to be the indisputable truth about the time between "death" and reincarnation.

Therefore is it necessary that there be an "in between"? Who's is to say that one incarnation does not simply follow the last one BUT that only some previous incarnations can be recalled?

In my opinion the Life Force within every earthling is never destroyed but it simply evacuates it's worn out host.
blackwavy

Post by blackwavy »

Many Hindus believe in the idea of reincarnation. I too believe in that
concept. Many people have witness near death experiences and some
even travel outside of this realm we call reality. When the body dies, we
as spirit still remains. People who are involve can recall their past lives.
I think that its just more than speculation. Me, myself don't believe in

The life force, as you said goes on forever. What I believe is that we visit
the planet for spiritual gain. Many of us are stuck hear in this 'reality'
because we see nothing past this 'reality'. The earth has lower energies
in many ways. Their are other worlds it isn't physical and is of higher
frequencies. When we evolve, we see the bigger picture, we don't
constraint ourselves to this world and that's why people like that have
connection other paradigms. Its all in the mind. The mind goes wherever
it leads to. The brain is the seat of the mind. This physical world is nothing
but an illusion that we all vision. Life is the energy that permeates from
Our Being.

The spirit always leave the body on a regular basis.; we dream. Getting our brain's frequency to a level where we will it--leaving the body we can adventure and do whatever we want wherever...
Aemilus

Post by Aemilus »

Hello All!

Well, those are all very interesting perspectives, so I thought I might as well throw in mine. I have always believed that when one dies, one enters a realm where there is no time or space as we know it in this dimension of reality, and that whether one minute or a thousand years transpires between incarnations in this dimension, that to the soul, it is as if no time has elapsed at all. So, there is quite literally nothing for the soul to remember from the interim, since from the point of view of the reincarnating soul, there was no interim. This is similar in some ways to the Einsteinian model of time. In an extreme example, if one could instantly leave the surface of the Earth at one million times the speed of light, and return at the same speed, on a journey lasting (to the traveler) just one tenth of a second, thousands of years would have elapsed here on the planet. So, what would one, or could one, remember of this one tenth of a second journey that lasted thousands of years?

Also, for those who are interested in the scientific approach to the study of reincarnation, I recommend looking into the work of one Dr. Ian Stevenson, who made deep study of reincarnation for forty years, but remained cautious about making any definitive claims, though I personally found the evidence very compelling. You can see videos of some of his research, just Google "The Research Channel" and enter "reincarnation" in the search window, or Google "Dr. Ian Stevenson" for more information.

“Stevenson traveled extensively to conduct field research into reincarnation and investigated cases in Africa, Alaska, Europe, India and both North and South America, logging around 55,000 miles a year between 1966 and 1971. He reported that the children he studied usually started to speak of their supposed past lives between the ages of two and four, then ceased to do so by seven or eight, with frequent mentions of having died a violent death, and what seemed to be clear memories of the manner of death. After interviewing the children, their families, and others, Stevenson would attempt to identify if there had been a living person who satisfied the various claims and descriptions collected, and who had died prior to the child's birth. Stevenson's research is associated with a 'minimalist' model of reincarnation that makes no religious claims. According to Robert Almeder, the central feature of this model is that "There is something essential to some human personalities, however we ultimately characterize it, which we cannot plausibly construe solely in terms of either brain states, or properties of brain states, or biological properties caused by the brain and, further, after biological death this non-reducible essential trait sometimes persists for some time, in some way, in some place, and for some reason or other, existing independently of the person's former brain and body. Moreover, after some time, some of these irreducible essential traits of human personality, for some reason or other, and by some mechanism or other, come to reside in other human bodies either some time during the gestation period, at birth, or shortly after birth. Stevenson believed the strongest cases he had collected in support of this model involved both testimony and physical evidence. In over 40 of these cases Stevenson gathered physical evidence relating to the often rare and unusual birthmarks and birth defects of children which he claimed matched wounds recorded in the medical or post-mortem records for the individual Stevenson identified as the past-life personality. The children in Stevenson's studies often behaved in ways he felt suggestive of a link to the previous life. These children would display emotions toward members of the previous family consistent with their claimed past life, e.g., deferring to a husband or bossing around a former younger brother or sister who by that time was actually much older than the child in question. Many of these children also displayed phillias and phobias associated to the manner of their death, with over half who described a violent death being fearful of associated devices. Many of the children also incorporated elements of their claimed previous occupation into their play, while others would act out their claimed death repeatedly.”

It is a fascinating thing to contemplate!

Strength to you all, Aemilus
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

I actually have memories of between some lifes, but sometimes when you are reborn you don't have any wait at all between lifes. Sometimes you do, it just depends.
Aemilus

Post by Aemilus »

Do you really? I do not, but I would love to read of your memories! I have always enjoyed considering this aspect of spirituality.

Aemilus
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Yes I do. I don't think you would enjoy my memories though, as most of my lifetimes involve wars.
Aemilus

Post by Aemilus »

Sorry, I thought we were talking about between incarnations, not the incarnations themselves. You said you had such memories, which is what I was really curious about.

Aemilus
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Well to understand the between points you would need to know the life you just got f4rom, otherwise it would be like reading the middle or end part of a story- it wouldn't make any sense.
Aemilus

Post by Aemilus »

Well then, since you do not care to discuss it, I guess that is that, as they say. Good luck!

Aemilus
arpgme

Post by arpgme »

Your spirit/energy/consciousness has a more subtle memory of its own. Your physical brain is something different. When ever you die and come back you get a new physical brain so of course you don't remember anything. If you try meditation and all of that it is possible to awaken your soul to remember past lives and stuff. I tried to type this as simple as I can hope it helps./
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, therapy, can you please fill the void?
Am I retarded or am I just overjoyed?
Nobody's perfect and I stand accused
For lack of a better word, and that's my best excuse
TaylorS

Post by TaylorS »

I very much believe in reincarnation, Ian Stevenson's work is simply overwhelming. What I do not believe in is these fantasies of the time in between incarnations constructed by Michael Newton and others, the examples of Newton's hypnotic regression methods he gives in his books show that he is inadvertently implanting ideas into his clients heads using phrasing like "others have said X is like Y", a big no-no in any kind of therapy using hypnosis.
mist

Re:

Post by mist »

Astraea Luna Avani wrote:
One Walker wrote:Do you remember everything while in the "In-Between"? I believe you do, otherwise you would have no way of knowing if you were gaining or losing ground in your personal growth.
So you remember your "in between" moments? Because I surely don't and have never met anyone who has.
You're not supposed to remember them while you're incarnate. You remember them when you're in between. The in-between is the 'real' life. Our various lives are just learning periods for that ultimate "in-between" time when you finally advance enough to stop incarnating.
mist

Post by mist »

TaylorS wrote:I very much believe in reincarnation, Ian Stevenson's work is simply overwhelming. What I do not believe in is these fantasies of the time in between incarnations constructed by Michael Newton and others, the examples of Newton's hypnotic regression methods he gives in his books show that he is inadvertently implanting ideas into his clients heads using phrasing like "others have said X is like Y", a big no-no in any kind of therapy using hypnosis.
Ian Stevenson, Edith Fiore, Brian Weiss - read these and you'll understand reincarnation and (more importantly) WHY we reincarnate.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”