Can people be angels?

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Neighbourhood Witch

Can people be angels?

Post by Neighbourhood Witch »

I'm wondering because, I always had this desire to be a witch - was always off in a world of spookiness and mystery and I still do adore all of that. But recently I have felt like my soul has re-evaluated itself.

To cut a long long story short - can people be angels?

I ask it because, I think I am here to help one person - which I have been doing for the last 20 years. They get themselves into something, I rescue them out of it, and this happens over and over. My love for this person has never faltered, although in the last year, it has been tested and tried beyond which I ever thought would happen, to the point where I can almost take no more. Now this person is ill. I have been nursing them and doing all I can to make them comfortable.

This is the weird bit - in the last few days I have had a strong feeling of wings on my own back. So much so, that I can imagine them unfolding and stretching out. I can feel their weight and sense their size. Have I lost my mind?

:?
Granamyr

Post by Granamyr »

It depends on what you mean but, I would say check out some Otherkin forums.

Otherkin Phenomena is the one I recommend for serious discussions and no fluff.

http://main.otherkinphenomena.org/
KaidaPyralis

Post by KaidaPyralis »

I know many regard her as fluffy etc, but I really recommend you read "Earth Angels" by Doreen Virtue. She talks about incarnated Angels, who have a natural desire to help people.

The quiz is online here - http://angelicgalaxy.yuku.com/reply/134 ... irtue.html

Kaida
Lau
Neighbourhood Witch

Post by Neighbourhood Witch »

Thanks Granamyr and KaidaPyralis - all good stuff. I feel an affinity to Incarnated Angels at the moment, reading about them has set some bells ringing and hopefully will answer some questions.

:D
blackwavy

Post by blackwavy »

KaidaPyralis is right. Refer to it.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

there are many who believe in duality of soul and yes as far as I'm concerned it is possible to be an angel.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Really it depends on how you define "angel"

If you define it as a winged creature chosen by the christian god to help his followers on earth and at the same time be the opposite of a demon then no. Not in my eyes as the christian god does not exist as described in the bible and neither do angels by that definition.

However, if you term an angel to mean someone who deeply cares for others, gives their life or time to help them, act as guardians, healers, protectors and beacons of light in times of darkness then yes. Yes i do, for this is simply a "good" spirit or soul, such as yourself.

I have slightly eclectic and "mild" more, grounded views and so i would describe the wings as a purely astral phenomenon, by that i mean that (and these are my personal beliefs) the wings exist in only the astral plane where virtually anything is possible. The wings are made of astral energy, or matter (i dont know exactly...) which in turn is controlled and formed by will and thought in much the same way that magickal energy is (IMHO they are one and the same) and hence you sense them as being there.

Are you an angel? Depends which definition you subscribe to.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

i think people evolve as they learn the lessons of this dimension they move to higher dimensions. I've seen witches evolve to angels.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I agree with Earth Ritual. Although, a story comes to mind when I hear this.

About 200 angels who decided to bread with humans. This translates to, for me, beings of a higher dimension somehow breading with female humans. This, they say, caused super-human people to be born on earth. This was said to have taken place before the flood of Noah when giants also walked the earth. The flood killed many of the half-angel half-human people, but I'm not so sure about all of these beings. It is said that these beings are of an evil nature, and some are still among us to tempt us into darkness. This is much like the demons but in a physical form.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Xal

Post by Xal »

Some believe the story to be a reference to E.T.s
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”