Passive-aggressive pagans on forums

Talk about anything you want to here.
Torey

Passive-aggressive pagans on forums

Post by Torey »

Why do some Pagans see a need to be smart-(insert word here) and passive aggressive snarks on forums? I guess the anonymity of the Internet gives them a power trip. :) It makes me hate Pagan forums. The attitudes are horrendous sometimes.
RestoringtheGoddess

Post by RestoringtheGoddess »

Torey, I understand how you feel, the people on this pagan forum are much nicer than other forums I've been on though. Its with anything always search out the nice open minded understanding people and do your best to ignore the rest ok that sounds like a commercial anyways I agree because at one forum the people were very mean and I was banned forever from it because my opinion was different than theirs! Sigh all in all though it was for the best because it led me to seek out other forums and I'm glad I found this one
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks RestoringtheGoddess, for your upbeat words, and I'm glad you found a home here in the EUM message board.

Torey, yes, I think occasionally the anonymity of message boards makes people think, "eh, what have I got to lose, I'll never see this person in real life..." and they don't give much thought to what they say or how they come across. But for the most part, like RestoringtheGoddess said about people on this board, most people on the boards are good natured, simply looking for others to befriend and learn from.

If it's any consolation to you it's not just the pagan boards. I've seen all sorts of message boards where people post rude stuff..."Christian" boards that are anything but Christ-like, "enlightened" New Age boards which give new meaning to passive-aggressive. I saw a Jehovah's Witness board once which was just people hurling vitriolic personal attacks against each other, and there was no point in them. So, yeah, it's definitely not just the pagan boards where bad behavior is the norm.

Maybe take a little break from all-things-message-board for a couple weeks, and come back fresh.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”