My only option is suicide what should I do

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
Demetri4

My only option is suicide what should I do

Post by Demetri4 »

For years now I have been thinking about suicide. I have been so close and now I do not know what to do. Please help me
sheelanagig

Post by sheelanagig »

Why are you thinking that is your only option?

Would it help to talk?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/marionuk/banner.jpg[/img]
Demetri4

Post by Demetri4 »

Yes it would help to talk. The reason I feel that is my only option is because ever since my mom died. My stepmom has taken over and now she has made me think I'm alone in the world.
sheelanagig

Post by sheelanagig »

Are you still at school or college?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/marionuk/banner.jpg[/img]
Demetri4

Post by Demetri4 »

School 11th grade
Ankhhape

Post by Ankhhape »

Demetri4,

I may be wrong but I don't think anyone on this forum is in a professional position to consult you about your suicidal tendencies.

For yourself and for those still around you as well as those in your future, I honestly believe you need to speak to someone professionally about this.

Sincerely,
Ankhhape
Demetri4

Post by Demetri4 »

I can't do that because my parents won't get me a shrink. And I don't trust anyone
Joelle

Post by Joelle »

There are suicide hotlines available. I urge to get on the internet and find the # in your area. There is help available. Suicide is NOT the answer.
Love & Light
Jo
Demetri4

Post by Demetri4 »

Its all I have left
ImperfectAngel

Post by ImperfectAngel »

You mentioned that you feel alone after your mother died...and the feeling of emptiness is coming from your stepmother not being able to fill your mother's shoes. Is that right?

I can't imagine what you are going, nor am I going to pretend to understand. Losing someone, who is dear to you as a mother, is very difficult. However, there is always another option, whether you see it or not...there is. You can't just give up. When I was about 14, I felt simular to you, but I felt I wasn't worthy of help. That no one cared for me. I ended up talking to my next door neighbor about how I felt. She was able to talk me down, and get my parents involved. I was just lost, and trying to fill an emptiness.

It's great that you feel comfortable enough to talk to people on these boards but there is only so much we can do. If you don't feel comfortable talking with your parents about this, maybe you need to try and find someone you can talk to. perhaps one of your favorite teachers. I know this can sound easier said than done, but sometimes a stranger can provide comfort and insight. I would still urge you to discuss this with your parents. I'm sure they both [your dad and stepmother] care for you, and no one needs to go through some thing like this alone.

I also see that you are from Georgia..is that right? If so, here is a link that you may want to check out.....

http://suicidehotlines.com/georgia.html
Demetri4

Post by Demetri4 »

Thank you Imperfect Angle. You have given me a lot to think about and some things to act upon. My only question is, Why should I talk and expect my stepmother to be able to help and care about me when half of the time she wants me to be someone else.
Rifts
Banned Member

Post by Rifts »

Demetri4 wrote:Its all I have left
You know, people who ACTUALLY HAVE PROBLEMS never kill themselves.

Its a FACT!

Like I say the best way to get back at life is to simply LIVE. You want to go down a street for no reason? DO IT. Spontaneity For the win.
Jake200493

Don't

Post by Jake200493 »

What waits after you kill yourself is far, far worse. Please, I urge you not to. There is always a better way.
Bruby

Post by Bruby »

If you really look for help I can help you. Just PM me.
Jake200493

Same as above

Post by Jake200493 »

Same here

Return to “Mental Health”