Voodoo Resources

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
[Guardian Wolf]

Voodoo Resources

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

First I know that there is a lot of people that is sort of skeptical of Voodoo. I am well aware. So, for those who want to actually learn about it, I decided to put together a list of accurate books. I will remind you that Voodoo rituals and Hoodoo change depending on what area you are on.

I will also remind you that Voodoo and Voudou are two different forms of Voodoo. A lot of authors don't realize that. They are very similar but there are differences. Voodoo is accepted by the Catholics because they have the Catholic god and the catholic church, however Voudou has a separate god entity.

Divine Horsemen: The Living Gods of Haiti - This is a great book, however they are describing Vodou and not Voodoo.

The Sacred Art of Haitian Vodou - Awesome book and one of the few accurate ones that I could find.

Now this is the list of bad reference

American Voudou - Voudou is not practiced in the USA except for some portions of Florida. The author mixed up Voodoo and Voudou.

Voodoo Past and Present - This book goes more into regional New Orleans stuff. A lot of New Orleans stuff is "pop" Voodoo. I don't trust it all 100 percent. Sure there is legit Voodoo in New Orleans, but it is not described in this book.

Voodoo in New Orleans - This is a bunch of crap written to make us look bad. It is what Hollywood entertainment has done to the craft.

Voudoun Fire: The Living Reality of Mystical Religion - It's supposed to be about Voudou, but it's about Voodoo.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Thanks for that GW. Have you ever read Doktor Snakes Voodoo Spellbook?
I'm sure you'd find it a bit of a joke but some of the stories he tells (if they are to be believed) are quite interesting.
[Guardian Wolf]

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

Greymalkin wrote:Thanks for that GW. Have you ever read Doktor Snakes Voodoo Spellbook?
I'm sure you'd find it a bit of a joke but some of the stories he tells (if they are to be believed) are quite interesting.
I have not, but I will attempt to find a copy and read it. Sounds interesting.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”