Spirit?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
[Guardian Wolf]

Spirit?

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

Since I am not well versed in Wicca or some of the other Witchcrafts, I have a question.

Is spirit in element and if it isn't, what is the relationship between it and the other elements?
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Hi Guardian Wolf!

Spirit, as it pertains to the Elements, would be represented by Water. It's Direction is West.

Hope this helps some! Blessings along your path!

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

I am not wiccan, but in my tradition, "spirit" is our ancestors etc :) Hope this helps
[Guardian Wolf]

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

Twisted_Pixie wrote:I am not wiccan, but in my tradition, "spirit" is our ancestors etc :) Hope this helps
I'm Voodoo. To me the spirits are the rulers and protectors of the world.
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Thats a neat way of thinking about it too =)
RuneGeek

Post by RuneGeek »

In Wicca, witchcraft, and various forms of ceremonial magick, "spirit" is the fifth element, represented by the topmost point of the pentacle. It represents the practitioner, i.e., you... for it is spirit (us) who acts "above" the other four elements to bring them together in the circle and/or use them for magickal workings.

Generally there is no ritual tool associated with this element because it is you. The athame, sword, or spirit-blade, represents fire or air (depending on tradition), the wand represents air or fire (again, depending on tradition), the chalice or cauldron represents water, and the pentacle (carved on a disc of wood or stone) represents earth.

In our practice (which is a form of Stregheria with Tantric and other Eastern influences) we place a skull on our altar to represent the spirit of the ancestors, which we join with our own for added power and/or wisdom and enlightenment.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”