tea for sleep

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Hiddencast

tea for sleep

Post by Hiddencast »

is there a recipy of tea so i can fall asleep fast?
[color=#004000]~Krissie[/color]
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Chamomile is great for sleep, Valerian also, but sometimes Valerian can have an opposite effect too.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Chamomile with honey. Good de-stresser and helps going to sleep.
Hiddencast

Post by Hiddencast »

is that a herb or type of tea from the store?
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Either. You could get it in herb form, but it'd be much easier to just buy Chamomile tea packets at the store. Most stores have it. Some sell it as variations of "Night Time Tea", etc.
Hiddencast

Post by Hiddencast »

great thank you so much! i will try that tonight
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

Catnip tea also works great as a sedative.

To make the tea, pour 1 cup of boiling water over 1 teaspoon of dried, chopped catnip leaves. Steep the tea for 5-10 minutes, covering the cup so that the volatile oil doesn't evaporate, strain tea before drinking. You may want to sweeten the tea with a touch of honey.
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

One thing about buying herbal tea from the store is u dont get as good a quality as you would buying the herb from a herbal store... not everyone has access to a herbal dispensary so if this is the case then supermarket teas are fine too..... i remember at uni for herbal medicine we did a lab where we tested tea bags from the supermarket against the loose herb you can get from the supermarket... the herbs from the tea bags in the supermarket were no where near as good quality as the loose herb from a store... just a thought =)

Also a herb you could take (in small doses ofcourse) with your sleepy tea is Mugwort... dont take it if you are pregnant though, but Mugwort is a tea that will give you a sleep where you will wake up feeling the most refreshed you have ever felt =) I always wake up feeling 100% after i have taken mugwort =) But do be careful, it is an Artemisia... you do need to be careful with these herbs, just dont take too much and dont take it for extended periods of time =)

Blessed be
Pix
Hiddencast

Post by Hiddencast »

more ideas then i thougt. thank you.
IsisUnknown

Post by IsisUnknown »

I like to ad milk to my before bed tea as it also helps to make you sleepy.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I always add milk to my tea! Here in the UK we know how to make a good cup of tea :P

In fairness tea (as in from the tea bag) contains caffeine so dont drink that before bed as it will keep you awake (unless you regularly drink gallons of tea or coffee a day)

In the UK there is a product called Horlicks (which is an unfortunate name) it is just a malt hot drink made with hot milk. Its pretty nice and it is a before bed type drink. I dont think it has any active ingredients but its a warm drink that relaxes you.

either that or Radox in the bath.. Damn that stuff could suck the energy out of car batteries! great for getting to sleep. Again, its sold in all sorts of shops, its just a bubble bath type mix.
IsisUnknown

Post by IsisUnknown »

most of the "bedtime" teas are decaffinated. most kinds of tea at the grocery can be bought in decaf too though. but yeah regular tea deffinately will be counterproductive
Magic_Bella

Post by Magic_Bella »

i think the herb is better, but most people recomend the one from the stores i just drink 2 cups of tea without sugar blue_laugh
[Bastet]

Post by [Bastet] »

I usually have warm milk with a bit of cinnamon in it. I give it to my cats aw well and then we all are off to la la land.
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

Coffee puts me to sleep, lol. If I liked the taste more I'd drink it every night before bed. xD

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”