Background on Different Forms of Witchcraft

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
[Guardian Wolf]

Background on Different Forms of Witchcraft

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

I've noticed something is beginning here and I need to put to an end. It's something that needs to be said, because people are ignorant of this subject. Every form of witchcraft is different. They come from different roots and backgrounds.

You can worship how you want. That's your choice, however there are somethings you need to understand so you don't step on people's toes.

Neopaganism, Stregheria, Satanism, Witchcraft, Druidism and Wicca evolved from different European traditions, religions and cultures.

Kalku comes from the Native Americans in South America.

Vodou, Voodoo, Obeah, Candomblé, Quimbanda and Santería spawns from African roots.

Kitsunemochi comes from South Asia.

Each group has a different set of traditions then the others. Each one has different belief systems, magic ingredients, spells and systems of how and why their magic works. You can't throw them all in the same pot, and say that the symbols that they use symbolize the same thing, because they don't.

For example in the European traditions, Red symbolizes protection from fire, sexual dysfunctions, will, rashes and inflammations, violence, energy and stimulation, passion in love, change, transformation, loyalty, courage, marriages, lust, destroying, freedom, force, sexuality and marriage.

In the African traditions red symbolizes nothing but power.

In the Native American cultures red symbolizes success and triumph.

In the Asian traditions Red symbolizes happiness.

It's the same thing for every other symbol. Each group has a unique set of traditions and influences, BUT they are all forms of witchcraft.

Thank You for reading. Have a nice night.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Dear Guardian Wolf,
i am not a wise witch, and i dont know as much as i would like to know.
I agree that every form of witchcraft is different, but i am only teaching the basics of witchcraft here, the simple things you will find in any begginers book. From that point on each individual can choose their own path.
In the past people have commented on my posts and they gave me some information i didnt know, i welcomed that, and i have added new things to my original posts.
If i were to talk about each tradition out there people would be confused with all the information and differences.
And i am not familiar with the Voodoo as much as you are, and i didnt try to teach Voodoo. I only wanted people to know a way to use gems, herbs and color magic together (the sachets).
PS everyone here who has something to teach us can post on the witchcraft school section, that can be ways of magic, crafts that can aid us with magic (candle making etc etc)...
I am sorry if i offended you in ny way.
witch13
[Guardian Wolf]

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

Witch13, it wasn't that anyone offended anyone. It was just something that I had noticed in the witchcraft society. Most people think that it's all one thing, and don't understand that all the traditions are different and come from many different traditions. I just thought everyone should be aware of that.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

I know what you mean and its good that you want to point that out.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

I am not a voodoo girl

but it's nice for some insight but everyone has their own spirital way to go to what they believe. I am a witch and my religion is wicca.

blessed be :D
Alyssia

Post by Alyssia »

I have recently joined a coven, and have realized that a majority of the sisters consider themselves "Green Wiccans"
Obviously, I looked it up :oops: hehe, and apparently, it's more to do with herbs and nature more than anything else...
Isn't that a major part of Wicca though?

Also, are there different types (or even colours) that stem from Wicca?

It's quite unusual, but I find it interesting.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

i am a Natural witch, and solitary. with a few influences of Runes.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

I don't have a coven and i am solitary nature witch.

hugs witch 13

blessed be
Alyssia

Post by Alyssia »

Aaah, what do you guys think about covens??
Do you think they're a good idea or why do you think they're not for you?

Hehe I feel like a psychologist. *pulls out notepad and pen*

And how does that make you feel? blue_dozey

Lol, im an idiot.

no, but seriously *serious face*

xx
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

LMAO Alyssa ur awesome

I love coven atmospheres... i used to be in a coven and it was so much fun building up energy together and all that, sharing ideas and stuff, but i also love the freedom of doing my own thing too... which was kinda what we had, if we wanted to do our own thing one full or new moon, we would... even now we still get together every now and then.

I think some people just cant work in covens though... you know those people who think they know it all and everyone around them are clueless?? I feel so sorry for those type of people and you get them everywhere. But some people just have a thirst for knowledge =)

Anyway i'll shut up now.

Pix
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

Alyssia wrote:Aaah, what do you guys think about covens??
Do you think they're a good idea or why do you think they're not for you?

Hehe I feel like a psychologist. *pulls out notepad and pen*

And how does that make you feel? blue_dozey

Lol, im an idiot.

no, but seriously *serious face*

xx
I've never been in a coven. There are certain tasks you need a coven to complete. My great grandma keeps trying to get me, my mom and my grandma to move back to Ireland and work with my family over there with her coven (all family members). I'm not sure what the wiccan covens are like. I think I would feel crowded with anyone but my family.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

a family of wtches wow, i wish i had on too, my family is the adams family THE SEQUEL
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

Witch13 wrote:a family of wtches wow, i wish i had on too, my family is the adams family THE SEQUEL
My whole family does not practice, but most of the women do.
I have a great aunt that is a devote catholic and pretty much everyone on my dads side are hermits. My moms side back to my great great great grandma in the 1632 have practiced. The support group is unbelievable, but they would have supported me just the same if I choose not to practice.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

i bet they know a lot...spells, recipies...*little green monster of envy on my shoulers
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

They do, hopefully I will be there someday. I'm still trying to learn how to translate Irish Gaelic correctly, sometimes my translated words are pretty embarassing.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”