New & looking for guidance

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
5arah

New & looking for guidance

Post by 5arah »

i am very interested in learning witchcraft.. i believe i am going down the right path but need some help and guidence, sarah x
Rifts
Banned Member

Post by Rifts »

Meditate.
5arah

with respect,

Post by 5arah »

i saw you online last night, i left you a message to say hi an got a confusing responce back.

i have asked for some help as i am new to this, and have found you rather blunt and with all respect i am here as sometimes, even in this day and age society will build a barrier against spiritualisum, witchcraft etc.. there is enough animosity out there i am looking for someone in here who can help in giving me some good advice,

what am i looking for in meditation?
i have no idea, i find i have more activity when im sleeping.
how do i not be afraid when im contacted?
i have'nt asked for this!!! they've come to me an i am trying my best to hold myself together untill i know what to do.
Alyssia

Post by Alyssia »

Hey Sarah!
I'm only just beginning to break out of my neophyte-ness hehe
I wouldn't think coming to me about anything would be a wise decision (well, comparing myself to the many other experienced witchies on this site :)), but I think I'm fairly handy to talk to :D All hyperactiveness aside :P

*huggles*

xx
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

hi deary.

it's a good idea to get a few books. but besides when you need a point a focus like a white or green candle. watch the flame and close ur eyes and think of nothing push all those thoughts from you mind and control ur breathing and lower ur heart rate into a relaxed state. Then you pick a ocean or forest and order ur thoughts.

I hope this helps u in a small way. keep exiserising the mediation this is also good for sleep. this is also called centering urself. When a calm mind and body works as one you can do more.

take care

blessed be :D
Delhemenia

Post by Delhemenia »

merry meet.
i am more than happy to help you in any way i can. feel free to message me and i can discuss with you my path into witchcraft.

for me it started, very simply, by going to a market to find a completely blank journal to use as my book of shadows. many people have different definitions of "book of shadows" but for me i use it to record successful spells.

here is an easy chant from mine. i love rain when i am sad and this floated into my mind. repitition increases potency with chants.

Take the love, Take the pain.
Look above, come to me, Rain.

this has worked for me and i wish the best for you.

most importantly: BELIEVE

i do not intend to offend or stray you from any other advice. i humbly offer mine to be taken or left.

Delhemenia of the Flame
Lark

Post by Lark »

Hi Sarah,

The first question I'd ask you is whether you are wanting to learn more about Wicca or you want to learn more about traditional Witchcraft. They are rather different things and what I might recommend in terms of resources will depend on where you see yourself going. One book which is actually very useful no ma6tter which of the two paths you choose is "A Witch Alone" by Marian Green.

Let me know though what you are looking for and I'll try to help you out.

-Lark-
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: New & looking for guidance

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old FAQ

Just suggesting... read intro level books by different authors to get different highlights- ex., - Intro to Wicca for Dummies, and Wicca a Guide for Solitary Practitioners are available as free PDFs if you google them. Browse the EUTM book reviews for more

Build a portable starter kit in a bag from what you already have or find at variety stores - candles, salt, multipurpose herbs, incense & oils. Find a smooth rock that fits your hand for stress relief. Leave an offering whenever you take something for magic from Nature.

Practice pulling power on the breath to your gut & make psi-balls between 👏🏽 your hands by pushing power to your hands; you’ll feel a spongy pushback. Also use your empathic spidey senses to practice expanding your awareness of surroundings.

Prep sacred space by ↪️ sweeping or salt-water sprinkling; light incense, and 👉🏼 cast a circle ↩️. Anything after that is optional. It’s OK to be flexible & try different things..

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”