Spanking as Discipline?

Discussion of raising your family in the pagan tradition.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Twisted_Pixie wrote:Yes i agree its getting a little boring... i might join you in the leaving part =D
Please do. Shall we have a nice cup of tea my dear?
Xal

Post by Xal »

AfootFuzzball wrote:Well, I'm in Early Childhood Education in school(Yes I'm one of the 2 guys in that class out of 33). We've learned that if your kids are making a scene out in public for attention, ignore them. They'll eventually stop and learn they're not going to get attention if they act like that. I personally believe you should spank your kids. Don't start at like 1-2 though because it'll lose its affect real fast(Moms friend did that, he's like 5 now and can take one hell of a beating without crying). When you hit around 10 spanking starts to lose its affects, so you have to start with the whole, no xbox, no tv, etc. But if you take them away for multiple months at a time, they no longer feel they need the object. I have had my tv taken away for multiple months, and adjusted and it was no longer a punishment to me, same with the cell phone.

Good luck :D
The idea of spanking a 1-2 yr old is horrifying to me. At this age a child has no idea of what is going on and why their behavior is supposedly not acceptable. If your gonna spank a kid at least wait ill their 5 and old enough to understand why they are being punished.

This mentality of beating children at such young ages frankly disgusts me. It is lazy and ignorant parenting.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Greymalkin wrote:
Twisted_Pixie wrote:Yes i agree its getting a little boring... i might join you in the leaving part =D
Please do. Shall we have a nice cup of tea my dear?
Yes please! I take it white with sugar =D
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

i can some to tea too please, just honey and cream. :wink:
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Honey and cream?????

In tea???

It really does stand out a mile you're not English. :lol:
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

LOL!!
Xal

Post by Xal »

ITT: Delusion
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

:? gabbaah? :?
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

I will say this and then leave the thread to die agree or disagree I don't care. 2yr olds can understand that they are not supposed to do something no matter how they were taught; there fore if you have told them to stop doing that thing more than once in the span of thirty minutes, they should get a lite smack on the hands if they persist then you spank with a time out.
ellis

Post by ellis »

Well spoken Xal and shame on the rest of you.Your off topic thread hijacking is unbecoming of so called adults.Nothing more to say? Then stop posting.

When you teach children that violence is acceptable as a means of control,you perpetuate the continuation of the violent society the rest of us have to live in.

It would be funnier if it wasn't for the fact all of you decryrers have parental problems yourselves,as quoted by each of you in the thread this started as.

Shame on you all.Hypocrites to the last.Ever heard of irony?
Xal

Post by Xal »

ellis wrote:Well spoken Xal and shame on the rest of you.Your off topic thread hijacking is unbecoming of so called adults.Nothing more to say? Then stop posting.

When you teach children that violence is acceptable as a means of control,you perpetuate the continuation of the violent society the rest of us have to live in.

It would be funnier if it wasn't for the fact all of you decryrers have parental problems yourselves,as quoted by each of you in the thread this started as.

Swoosh!
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

ellis wrote:Well spoken Xal and shame on the rest of you.Your off topic thread hijacking is unbecoming of so called adults.Nothing more to say? Then stop posting.

LMAO Ellis... actually this thread originated from people hijacking MY thread... so a little karma doesnt hurt anyone =)

Good luck with ur opinion
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Someone resents being spanked as a kid.
ellis

Post by ellis »

That's what I alluded to before,Greymalkin,you all do indeed deeply resent being smacked and your posts here are textbook Freudian.It's obvious, writtten down and here in your own words.

Irony at it's best.The hypocrisy is astounding,nonetheless.Clique mentality at it's finest.When you had nothing constructive left to add here, you all resorted to attacks on the poster who disagreed with you.Tea indeed.How silly,attempting argument by intimidation is not becoming of adults,it is a game of sulky children.Is this a playground?

I don't need your luck for my opinion,but er....thanks for offering Pixie.Strange one that.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

I was talking about you actually ellis.

I agree with you, spanking teaching does teach them to use violence as a way of control. That's fine.
Parents should be in total control of their children at all times - especially in public.
And if they have to use violence to gain that control, so be it.

Where's the problem?

Return to “Pagan Family & Parenting”