Spanking as Discipline?

Discussion of raising your family in the pagan tradition.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

hi

grey i don't want to be like my father and i rather want to be like my mom. she's so cool and i love her so much, we're so close we share engeries. she made me a 2 custom cook book, some are over 100 year.
thing about my mom, she so open minded but my dad is not very open minded because he's set in his oldways. doesn't like change. i do love my family.. but my twin sister hates wicca, and she just gave me such a hard time.

as for my girls all i want is love and understand me, as they get older I will be there at all time when they need me. I don't believe in spankings.

blessed be
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Im all for spanking... i got smacked when i was naughty and i turned out fine... all the kids i see who's parents are too scared to smack them are all little sh$t heads... lol.

Anyway thanks again Grey! You helped alot
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

When it comes to spanking I'm probably speaking out of turn here because I don't have kids and probably never will.

But when I go to the supermarket or some other crowded place you can always tell which kids are spanked and which ones aren't. It stands out a mile.

How else can you punish a 2 year old? Or teach him/her right from wrong?

It has been proven over and over again that children have no understanding of right or wrong until they are 7. They have no powers of reason until that age, but they do respond to pain, and they very quickly learn that doing a certain thing will result in pain if they do it again.
A good talking to won't teach them.
If you send them to their room or take away their toys they simply won't understand why you did it - they will just see you as being unfair.

A sharp spank (within reason, of course) is the only way you can let a very young child know they have done something wrong.

The same applies to pets. How else can you let a cat or dog know you don't want it to do something?

Some people do take it too far of course, and that's wrong. Beating a child is wrong and using an object to beat is obviously wrong. But a short sharp spank to the bottom or legs is quite reasonable to me.

As the child gets older then spanking becomes pointless. My mother used to spank me right up until I was a teenager and she had to stop eventually because she just ended up hurting herself more than she hurt me! Hahahaha!

Psycological punishment is far more effective on older kids anyway.

:twisted:
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

reason why i don't believe in spanking because of my grand mother was very abusive she liked to use a belt to hit me. not just me my mom and my sister. I am reading up on social que's. babies don't come with instructions. :mrgreen:

I don't want to end up like her, using guilt trips and selfishness.

blessed be
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Well said!!! Plus its the embarrassment as well that teaches kids not to do naughty things.... i used to HATE it when i would get a smack on the ass in the supermarket because i'd feel like everyone was watching, i was so embarrassed i never acted out in public ever again...

Cheers for the advice hun, i like that idea... "what would mother dearest do?" hahaha im going to do that... or not do that... if you get me lol.

Thanks again!

Pix
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

Twisted_Pixie wrote:Im all for spanking... i got smacked when i was naughty and i turned out fine... all the kids i see who's parents are too scared to smack them are all little sh$t heads... lol.

Anyway thanks again Grey! You helped alot
You know whats even worse than spanking....ear pulling. My great aunt is a cruel old woman, I am 25 and she still pulls my ears. She is a ripe old age of 97, and I know this sounds awful but everyone is wondering when she will be passing on to the otherworld. I usually try to avoid going to her house whenever I am in Ireland.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Syndica wrote:reason why i don't believe in spanking because of my grand mother was very abusive she liked to use a belt to hit me.
Like I said, that's not spanking - that's beating.

There's nothing wrong with a little smack when it's genuinely deserved.

My sister had the same attitude as you before she had her son. He's 5 now and gets a spank at least twice a day. He is a very naughty little boy though. :lol: I shouldn't laugh but I find it so funny when he plays her up. :lol:
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

i hate ear pulling my grandmother does that all the time. it's like hey watch out i have peircings there. :twisted: they grew up in a different time ara. I don't believe in spankings because i believe that's using fear as tool. it's not fair to that type of punshment, there's another pushment can be used. for an example no xbox or tv as a tool and they would have to work to get those things back. :)

blessed be :D
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Yes but sweety, toddlers don't generally watch xbox... i dont find it cruel.. but i know some people do, and thats fine, but i just have noticed that the kids around here that i know didnt get spanked are into stealing, drugs etc etc... not saying that is the only cause of these habits, but i think it certainly helps... i dont also believe fear is the only tactic used in spanking either...

Anyway, this thread has taken a new twist thats for sure lol
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

hahah that's so true. but i just wanted to give an idea. for babies and tolders i am not sure how to handle it.

hugs all

blessed be :D
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Syndica wrote:for babies and tolders i am not sure how to handle it.
Short, sharp pain.

Every living thing responds to that.
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

LOL
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

LOL :lol:
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

LOL - I may as well join in.