Chat confusion!

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

Chat confusion!

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hi,I had this conversation with a witch the other day on a chat,well when I told her I was more attracted to Bast (egyptian Goddess) she almost attacked me and she said "Hey aren't witches from Greece supposed to believe in their Greek Pantheon?" I was mad at it guys,why I should ONLY address my spells to Greek Gods/Goddesses? I mean I love Greek Pantheon but well I don't want to restrict my self only to these Gods/Goddess,plus for some reason I felt attracted by Goddess Bastet,out of sudden,I mean I never searched for Bast,or anything,it just happened,and now if I would want to dedicate my self to one Goddess that would be Bastet,for no reason,I don't even know why I wanna do this,I just do! so you guys think should I go only with Greek Gods/Goddesses?or you think too that she was crazy to attack me (I mean the girl on chat)
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

I get that a lot being from the UK. People expect I should only follow the Celtic gods - I do, of course, but I like other Gods and Goddesses.

Tell her to go and jump off a cliff.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I'm American, and I work best with the Greek and Roman pantheon(s). However, I also work with other Gods, depending on which I feel is fitting for my spells or prayers.

Personally, I don't feel that anyone else has the right to tell you what you "have" to do. Your path is your path, and no one else has the right to tell you that you have to follow their rules. They are entitled to their opinions and advice, but your path is your own, do what feels right.
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Its just ignorance... i got grilled for the same thing not long ago... the person said "I can hardly imagine Odin and Osiris sitting around having tea together".... lol wtf??? I didnt ask them to! hahaha

I'm Australian, and i literally wouldnt have the first clue about Australian Gods and Goddesses.... we were taught about a rainbow serpent in primary school but thats about it....

You follow which ever pantheons you want to follow!! Dont worry about what other people say, if you take on everything everyone ever says to you it will just clog you up and bring you down. Remember this: What people think of me is none of my business"...
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Twisted_Pixie wrote:Its just ignorance... i got grilled for the same thing not long ago... the person said "I can hardly imagine Odin and Osiris sitting around having tea together".... lol wtf??? I didnt ask them to! hahaha
This made me laugh :)
I think in a way, though, that different Gods have to somewhat work with each other or around each other. One thing is for certain, any Gods or Goddesses I work with have to go through my patron (matron) Goddess. Almost like checking references at the door in my book. I doubt they have tea, but they certainly acknowledge each other's existence.

Also related, I know that my matron and my fiance's patron sit down for tea from time to time, since he and I do a lot of ritual work together. I wonder if there's something to be said about gods sitting down for tea together or working together :)
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Hehehe, exactly!! If they didnt "get along" im sure we would definately know about it!! lol. Plus, most of the Gods and Goddesses from different pantheons are the same Gods and Goddesses, with just different names.... like Diana and Artemis from the Greek and Roman pantheon for example... same s%$t different smell so to speak...
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Gods are like a good wardrobe, everything should mix and match.

I work with different gods from all traditions. As well as a lot of Celtic Gods I also use a lot of Nordic ones too. I find they get along very well.

I think I've said this before on here, but to me the whole 'Gods' thing is like a mirrorball.
Each little piece of mirror is individual and seperate and reflects a different thing, but they're all part of the same thing.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Chat confusion!

Post by SpiritTalker »

Easy peasy rule of thumb: All gods are one God, all goddesses are one Goddess. There is but one Force. Y so believe in whosoever you will, and honor the genius loci.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”