Help -I fell in love with my spirit guide

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Yellow_Light

Help -I fell in love with my spirit guide

Post by Yellow_Light »

This may sound crazy but I'm in love with my spirit guide.

Its been a year and a few days from the moment i first talked to him and i have fallen for him. I have tried dating (alive) guys but i don't feel the same with them as i do with him. Is this possible? Is it possible for a spirit guide to love you back? Unfortunately i cant see him but my friends have. Is there any information or advice you can give me regarding this situation or seeing him through my eyes and not just my minds eye?

thank you so much
Kassandra

Re: Help -I fell in love with my spirit guide

Post by Kassandra »

Hmm. What's there not to love?..they teach you things to help you grow as a person. They're always in your corner even when Earthlings aren't. They're immortal, so there's no chance of them suddenly being just gone one day, like Earthlings....so what's not to love about all that?

Spiritual Discernment ...of Ourselves

I've cautioned in several posts that with communicating with spirit beings, be sure to develop a "discernment" about their motives. In fact, in a post here in this forum about getting in touch with spirit guides, I summarized "three main red flags to look out for" in communicating with them, including:

1. the spirit is trying to fluff you up and inflate your ego in some way
2. the spirit is trying to isolate you from people around you in some way
3. the spirit is trying to get you to do something that is inappropriate and/or doesn't make sense to you, etc.

I pointed out that helpful spirit guides, "don't do any of that. They respect and work within the constructs of the space, time and culture you're currently living in." Your spirit guide doesn't seem to be doing any of the red flag items. In this case, it's you, rather than he, who's doing the pursuing. Your question calls to our attention that sometimes it's our own motives, not the spirits,' that we should closely examine.

The Pitfall of "Imprinting"

As far-fetched as your question may seem to those reading it, upon further reflection it's understandable to "imprint" on spirit guides upon awakening to their presence. When a goose first hatches from its egg, it will think "mama" is whatever it sees. If it doesn't see its mother anywhere, it will "imprint" on a human, another animal, even an inanimate object. It will think these things are mama. It's some kind of survival strategy they have: "Whatever's going to give me what I need for my well-being, whatever will keep me alive, I will pursue it."

Another example: I've known of women who "fell in love" with a male doctor, or counselor, work colleague, whatever, "imprinting" on a man whom they believe fulfills their need for positive male nurturance (note: the entire "imprinting" thing also works for males imprinting on females, also; but in my observation, it seems to be way more frequent the other way around). In the same way a gosling fails to see that what it thinks is mama is not mama, such women likewise fail to see that the attention they're getting from that doctor or work colleague is not "love," but a platonic, professional relationship, nothing more.

It's very possible that the same could happen to us with regard to spirit guides, as well. Feelings are feelings. They are not rational, often they don't make sense. I believe our ability to feel is simultaneously our greatest strength, and our worst weakness. Therefore, we've got to really look at the motives behind our feelings, and decide whether they are leading us to make the healthiest choices for our lives, or whether they are not, and are seriously in need of revising!

Awakening, Spirit Guide by Spirit Guide

It's my observation, both from my own experience as well as those described by others, that Spirit starts us out with one guide for a while, then we eventually open to others later on. For instance, psychic medium Sonia Choquette (Neophotonics and The Three Cans of Whoop Ass) described in her book, Ask Your Guides that for many years, her first spirit guide was simply a beautiful blue dot of light, whom as a little girl she named Dot. Later in her life, she would meet and work with many other spirit guides of different shapes, sizes, races, genders, even species.

James Van Praagh, another psychic medium, likewise described in his book, Heaven and Earth, that for many years as a little boy he sensed the presence of what appeared to him as a large, angelic hand hovering over him, protecting him every night from the human spirits he would clairvoyantly see, so that he could get a good night' sleep. He too was a "psychic kid," plagued by frequent spirit visits at night, like those in that Psychic Kids show. Later in his life though, he too would meet and work with a variety of other spirit guides.

We seem to start with one as we get used to the idea that we ourselves are spirits, manifested in physical bodies. Then, when and if we master that concept, we seem to progress to working with other spirit guides, to learning more complicated spiritual concepts, such as unconditional love. In my observation, this seems to be a common pattern for many people. Don't put all your eggs into one (emotional) basket with regard to spirit guides. It's not a matter of "love." It is a matter of fulfilling your soul's mission here, and spirit guides are merely here to assist you with doing that, nothing more.

Unconditional Love

If you feel you have to think of spirit guides in terms of "love," then it's better, I think, to think in terms of unconditional love. This means, love without possessiveness. It's common that the dead will go out of their way to help the living meet other people to make them happy, in the here and now. It's always been my understanding that helpful spirit guides are there to help us live fuller lives with our own kind in this time, space and dimension. They help us better deal with what's directly in front of us, not help us to dissociate out our reality in order to pursue some kind of misguided "love" in another dimension. I'll give you a good example of how this works:

I've heard of deceased spouses serving as spirit guides for their surviving wives and husbands. Believe it or not, those deceased spouses often point their surviving spouses into the direction of a meeting new mates, and nudging them to pursue those relationships. In other words, the deceased spouse wants the living spouse to live the fullest, happiest life with someone else here and now, not pursue them in their incorporeal state. This is very common. Now, that's unconditional love.

Be Here Now

You may very well have many more spirit guides to meet in your lifetime, so it isn't advisable to imprint on the one. And really, I don't advise you fall in love with any spirit guide, nor expect them to express what we have come to think of as love in our grossly-restricted human perception of it. It is never unconditional love, but tends to be an insecure kind of obsession, fraught with rules and absolutes: "If you really loved me, then you would..." rather than, "I love you regardless what state you're in, and whether you love me or not. And I don't need to 'have you' or 'be with you' to love you." If a spirit guide is not treating you with this kind of detachment and respect, it's not a spirit guide. It's a spirit annoyance, and you need to ignore it.

In the meantime, my advise, really, is that you emotionally peel yourself off of him (I know it's hard), and seek to be more spiritually mature in your approach during your Earth Walk. Whatever emotional needs you find unmet by other humans, try to meet them within yourself in some way. Maybe some counseling may be in order (be sure to get a female therapist, so there's no more of this imprinting/"falling in love" dynamic happening, lol).

Get active in self-esteem building activities, like pursuing hobbies you truly love. Be friendly, and get out and meet people. Don't expect spirit guides to be substitutes for authentic human relationships --that's just "looking for love in all the wrong places," as the song goes. Our human relationships are important avenues through which we both fulfill our souls' missions, and heal karmic imbalances. So, you stunt your spiritual growth in accomplishing these important tasks when you avoid humans to chase imaginary spirit relationships.

Who knows, perhaps your guide will go out of his way to ensure that you bump into Mr. Right in the process of pursuing these things! :o I know humans can be very disappointing, but that's just a part of life, and we have to cope with that. Don't give up on others, neither give up on yourself. Rather, work with your spirit guides and let them teach you how to thrive with all, both the good and the bad; that's what they're here to do.

One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Great answer, Elisa! I agree wholeheartedly!

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks, hope it helps.
Yellow_Light

Post by Yellow_Light »

Thank You soo much : )

think positive :D
xx