Question for LGBT Pagans: How do you deal with polarity?

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
gaiaraain

Question for LGBT Pagans: How do you deal with polarity?

Post by gaiaraain »

I read an essay on this once, but didn't pay attention because I didn't think it applied to me (I only recently realized that I'm gay). But I'm wondering now, how do you incorporate both masculine and feminine energy in your rituals? The best thing I can think of right off the top of my head is to ignore gender, and embrace both the masculine and the feminine parts of myself and my gf. I don't have a coven that I get together with on a regular basis right now, and I imagine my gf and I will most likely end up celebrating spiritual occasions together. I have always been very conscious of incorporating both masculine and feminine in my rituals (unless there was a reason not to), and I would definitely like to keep doing so...I'm just wondering how to go about this, and what I can change in the way I write my rituals.
Mojo_09

Re: Question for LGBT Pagans: How do you deal with polarity?

Post by Mojo_09 »

I've worked in Dianic as well as more eclectic covens. In the Dianic coven we didn't invoke the God, only the Goddess. It did not bother me as a M2F transgender, because I viewed the Goddess as the ultimate divine, beyond all opposites, Who alone gives birth to all Gods. In other covens we invoked both God and Goddess. I viewed them as archetypal beings, representing air, fire, and spirit; and water, earth, and matter, respectively. (There are a whole list of attributes one could come up with.) Since I am an Advaita panentheist, i believe Goddess transcends all dualities, and ultimately includes all archetypal god-images, be they male or female.

So do what you feel is right. You can ignore gender. Certainly the Divine is beyond gender. But if it helps you to relate to the Divine by invoking only the Goddess, do that. If it serves you more to invoke both God and Goddess, do that. Remember too, in covens, much depends on the will of others.

All Blessings,

Mojo
gaiaraain

Post by gaiaraain »

Thanks, Mojo. That makes a lot of sense.
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

I don't think polarity is much of an issue. All people contain different masculine and feminine energies. In my case, I do not worry about the polarities that straight society does. I am a unique mixture of energies that make me different and special in my own way. :) Lol. You get the idea though, right? I think gay people usually don't have a hard time accepting the opposite genders energies. I am a man, but I also have many feminine qualities. I'm not sure if this helps or if I am just rambling, lol. I hope it does, though.

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”