backed in to a corrner

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Celestial_marie

backed in to a corrner

Post by Celestial_marie »

my mom and dad are christian and they dont really understand that im actually learning about the craft and i want to start building my altar the thing is i cant let them see it or they will completely freak out on me and so i was wondering if you all had any thought of what i could do? thanks so much!

~Blessed be
Radiance

Post by Radiance »

you could make your altar not so specific. My first altar (before I told my mother) was a shelf in my room littered with shells, candles, stones and different cups and things. Nothing too specific or suspicious looking.

Brightest Blessings
Radiance
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Mine is in my closet, under my clothes.

Blessed Be,
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

There is the choise of a box altar. Basically you have a box inside which you have your candles, gems, tarot, shells etc etc and when you want to do something magickal you build it for that time and then back in the box. Simply lay an altar cloth on the flour, or table and then place your candles, and stuff to do your magic, the cloth will automatically signify that "this is now my altar place"
Radiance is right, the shelf altar could work too.
Altars can be simply decorated, you dont need to have a big one with pentacles and god statues, a nightstand or a small table with a few candles and river stones is nice too you know;)
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Wooooooh,
go Witchy(:

Blessed Be,
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Cheerleader dance:
give me a W
give me an I
a T C H
aaaaaaaand
hop hop hop weeeee
Celestial_marie

Post by Celestial_marie »

hehe thanks so much for all your help i think ill try those ideas! ohh im so excited!
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

YEA!
Lets do witchy's cheeeeeeer!
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Blessed Be,
Josh

Post by Josh »

My altar, before i told my parents, Was a tree stump outside. It had several rocks, and a home painted pentagram on it. It was in a thick wooded area outside of our house, that I would visit after school.

Now, that i have told my parents, its a shelf within my room. I still tend to the altar outside, though.

Return to “Teen Concerns”