For anyone who has seen "Avatar", have you seen th

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
Elyheim

For anyone who has seen "Avatar", have you seen th

Post by Elyheim »

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap. ... erpiece-ap

It's a Vatican review of the movie. Not the bashing some people have been giving the awesome movie for being racist or whatever, but this is based on a religious front. Mostly about how we *as a society* shouldn't venerate nature and worship "it".

Thoughts?
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I already saw that one and had a good laugh. I mean, who knew the Vatican was now taking over as head movie critic? I haven't seen Avatar yet, but I'm sure it'll be a good movie, and get even more money now that the Vatican hates it.
Teaca

Post by Teaca »

personally i liked the movie "Avatar" it reminded me of the struggle that the Native Americans had (kinda) to keep their lands. though the ending to this movie was better than the end to the Native Americans. all in all i really did like the movie and i don't know why the Vatican is making such a big deal about the topic.
merry meet, merry part, until we meet again blessed be
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

NightRose wrote:I already saw that one and had a good laugh. I mean, who knew the Vatican was now taking over as head movie critic? I haven't seen Avatar yet, but I'm sure it'll be a good movie, and get even more money now that the Vatican hates it.
I couldn't have said that any better!
Teaca

Post by Teaca »

NightRose wrote:I already saw that one and had a good laugh. I mean, who knew the Vatican was now taking over as head movie critic? I haven't seen Avatar yet, but I'm sure it'll be a good movie, and get even more money now that the Vatican hates it.
very true lol
merry meet, merry part, until we meet again blessed be
AfootFuzzball

Post by AfootFuzzball »

I thought it was one of the best movies i've ever seen, but that's just my opinion.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.---------- Ralph Waldo Emerson

=====Carpe Diem=====
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

from what i know "avatar " shows some beliefs we witches have, the blue people are connected with nature. (not the smurfs). i will watch it this week hopefully.
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

My impression was that Avatar was a 3D ripoff of Pocahontas.

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”