Aromatherapy Oil Blend for the Goddess Brigid?

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Paintbox

Aromatherapy Oil Blend for the Goddess Brigid?

Post by Paintbox »

I am going to make my Brigid's cross soon, and want to soak the straws in water with some essential oils added to it before I begin to weave. I have a large selection of essential oils, but haven't been able to find much information on which oils would relate to Brigid. I was going to dowse for the oils, but I have so many of them that I'd like to narrow the selection down a bit first :) Any suggestions?

Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

I would suggest blackberry oil.
Brighid

Post by Brighid »

Brigid is my namesake, so I've always felt particularly close to her. She is the goddess of fire, poetry, and wisdom. To honor her, I usually make a mixture of Lavender and Sandalwood.

This is subject to personal preference, however. I choose these scents because they are delicate and feminine, yet still powerful and strong. I also find that their relaxing effects help with prayer and meditation. You may prefer something different, depending on what appeals to you and what qualities you attribute to the goddess.

Hope this helps!

:D
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Herbs that commonly correspond with Brigid are:
Blackberry (Like Stephanie Mae said)
Angelica
Balm
cowslip
fennel
flax
garlic
goats rue
mugwort
nettle

Seeing how blackberry would be the only oil that I know of out of that list, (Once again, as Stephanie Mae said) I would suggest that.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”