Ancestral Magic

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Earth Ritual

Ancestral Magic

Post by Earth Ritual »

Hello Hello,

I want to share some knowledge about working with Ancestors. This is a very powerful form of magic that every indigenous group on this planet honors. The Ancestors are an often untapped source of guidance, inspiration, and support for us. If we are seeking to live meaningful lives or to know and live our life purpose the Ancestors are very knowledgeable and invested in guided us in this.

The results of working with Ancestors are too numerous to go into detail here. Anything from healing to prosperity to peace to empowerment and freedom are the results of working with these Spirits.
It brings a type of wholeness and continuity to everyday life that is not present without that extra hand guiding important matters.

Ancestors are close to this plane but have a wider perception and ability to act. Working with them is like working with your own personal army. If you enter this practice you can never be lonely because there is always family waiting to let you know how much they love you and appreciate you for who you are.

The first step to entering into this type of intimate relationship with the Ancestors is to understand that yes it is possible to communicate with Spirits who have passed on. They are not dead in the vulgar sense. They live in another dimension and there are doorways between these dimensions through which we can communicate. This form of communication is a technology and this is why the root of techno is craft and root of witch is wit meaning thought. Thus to true understanding of thought can unlock doorways between dimensions.

Remember that Ancestors also communicate with us is through nature. Nature is a always communicating so don't think that what the birds have to say is just for the birds! Another way they communicate is through our body, our bones and gut feelings as well as certain instinctual and genetic responses to stimuli. And we cannot forget dreaming.

THE ANCESTRAL ALTAR

Many people set up an altar to the Ancestors with pictures and objects that represent the Ancestoral realm. For instance, I'm ascended from African people so I have things such as masks and African talismanic objects where I work with the Ancestors. Working with the Ancestors teaches us that we are Spirits and that we are here to evolve and grow. In other words, we stand on the shoulders of our Ancestors and we will one day be Ancestors to the not yet born.

One of the reasons there may be issues in our lives is incomplete or unfinished business. When Ancestors are incomplete that residual energy can morph and cause illness, strife, violence, hate, disease, accidents and addictions to name a few. There are actions that can be taken to balance this energy.

These actions can be very complex to just offering a glass of water for peace and reconciliation. The first step is to determine what our current relationship is to the Ancestors, what is possible, and what you would like it do be.

The key is in being authentic with yourself and your Ancestors. Ancestors are interested in your full self expression because they read the frequency of your thoughts and emotions not monotonous routine. Its about relationship and all that entails.

The only caution to take when creating the altar which is a form of very clear communication is to first communicate only with those that your know and trust. Basically, people who lived good lives and who you remember as very loving are good ones to start with.

One thing I would recommend for anyone even if they don't have a formal Ancestral altar is some space in the home that symbolically communicates the pathway to heaven. This can be anything from a simple candle imbued in some way with the energy of heaven be it unconditional love, limitless knowledge, complete forgiveness, homecoming, eternity, complete light, and so forth. The idea is to send a clear statement to the Spirit World that you are willing to have heaven manifest on earth and to send a message to any Ancestors that have not crossed over fully what they need to take care of. Meditating on this is also great for when you pass on so you can move on and not get attached to this plane.

This should help to bring more Spirits to Light and because the worlds are like parallel universes. It is like what is done is one effects the other. In many ways it will bring other people you are relative to into the Light.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

YAY!! I'm so glad someone else on here works with ancestral power etc.... I am huge on ancestory and blood lines and regularly incorporate my ancestors and blood line into my rituals.

Cheers for the post!

Pix
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

i agree with pix,

all the women in my family for the past 200 years had a special gift to see and hear the truth. my mom has dreams that come true, my grandma saw spirits. now me i'm claryovant. it's like a gene or something that passes down the family line. i find it so intersting because i picked wicca and became a witch. i usally work with orcle decks.

blessed be :D
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Thank you Pix

Syndica, Thank you for sharing this. You may or may not know that the root word of gene is gen which is also the root of genie, gender, generation, etc. It means Spirit. There is a connection between Ancestors and Roots.

The thing I love about Ancestral magic is actually evolving our gifts with full intent for them to be passed down. Wouldn't be interesting to find that your Holy Grandmothers foresaw YOU and seek/sought to empower you to manifest your true power(s). Of course you may already be well aware of this.

Namaska
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

oh i so agree my friend. :)

blessed be :D

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”