Spring is Here 2005

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
hedge*

Spring is Here 2005

Post by hedge* »

I was gonna pick up from the other topic from last year, but, well it went a bit off topic!LOL!

YAY!!!!!
Spring is here!!!!
I allready have quite an established garden, but every spring I allways plant some new additions. This year I have settled on:

Forget-me-nots
Buttercups
Poppies
Chives
Comfrey
Violets

And these I sow every year:

Marigolds
Chamomile
Parsley
Sunflowers
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Basil

I planted a load at Imbolc and so far the Marigolds, corn Poppies, Chives and Sunflowers have sprouted, so fingers crossed the rest will soon start shooting. This morning I planted more Sunflowers ( for that all summer long bloom ) Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Chives. I will sow some more Parsley later today as I like to give these as presents to people later on in the year.

I am really excited that spring is here, we've had an unusually long, cold winter for this area this year and I'm really feeling the subtle shift in the seasons. I will post some links of photos of my garden later on in the year so y'all can see what it looks like. :D

Oh yeah, I have oodles of Marigold, Parsley and Sunflower Seeds if anyone would like some, to get their garden off to a start. They are all harvested from my garden last year and I really have more than I can use. Just let me know and as my gift to you I will send them through the post with no cost to anyone except me.
Aren't I nice :D

hedge
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

Oooh, I know what you mean hedge! Around where I live, its finally getting "springy" and I've been having the best time getting to plant flowers. This is my first year living away from home and getting to garden - I only wish I didn't live in an apartment and wasn't limited to a few small planter boxes.

I bought myself two beautiful roses and put them in some huge planters in the back of our place. One is a climbing rose called Cécile Brünner (it has little baby pink roses) and the other is called Honey Bouquet (its flowers are a soft yellow color). The climber is doing really well - already covered with shoots and little leaves, and the other is taking its time. :)

I have another little planter by our front porch and yesterday my mom got me some pink primroses for my b-day. They're going in today to replace my winter voilas.

Yeah, please post your garden pics. Once my roses get more situated I want to take pictures of our place. I've been working hard fixing up the outside and it looks so cute back there now. I'm so proud. *lol*

Hooray for Spring!
5moons

Post by 5moons »

yah spring is here
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

My mother in law and I have planted a whole garden of Lilies. I love that flower ( reason why I named my daughter Lilly)
5moons

Post by 5moons »

I will have to get pictures once summer time comes around. And my garden area is full of plants and such.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Waterglyph sounds like you've got the spring bug too :D
JBRaven Lillies are beautiful and I think I will treat myself to an Arum Lily this year :D

hedgewitch
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

Oooh yeah, I got it bad. *lol*

And yeah, lillies are some of my favorite flowers too! How lucky you are JBRaven to get to plant a whole garden full. :)
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

I went to get together some stuff for Ostara and I wanted to buy a little plant to bless as part of my ceremony and I bought the cutest thing!

Its a dwarf Rhododendron! *lol* I've always loved the big ones and now I can have one too. :D The dwarf variety only gets about a foot, maybe two, high and is slow growing - very nice for apartment dwellers like me and they are reputed to be quite hardy. (Another plus.) I also read online that they are an excellent canidate for bonsai, which I personally don't know how to do, but it sure would be beautiful.

Thier larger cousins cost like 20 bucks for a starter bush, but these baby-sized ones were less than 5. Not a bad investment, considering how long they can live with proper care.

I also read online that they are happy in zones 5 through 8 - so if you live somewhere you can grow these, they're really neat. Here's a linkie to a picture of them in bloom...

http://www.okrasne-dreviny.cz/images/Rh ... /11671.jpg

:D
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Hey waterglyph - that is great, I'm really happy that you're happy :D

hedge
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

Yeah, I tend to babble when I'm cheerful and rant when I'm pissy. It seems either way I'm long-winded. green_laugh
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

LOL at waterglyph :D

The Tomatoes have sprouted now as well, and today I planted some more Sunflowers!!!! I can't wait to show you all the pictures of them.

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!!!!!!

hedge
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

My mother in law is a flower nut, on the other hand I kill almost everything. I have killed tulips, bulb and all. Right now I am doing semi-good on an ivy but it only have three leaves. :cry:
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Oh JBRaven, Ivy is one of the easiest things to grow, so don't worry if it's looking a bit sad at the moment-it'll soon be taking over.

hedge
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

The only thing I have ever had any luck growing would get me at least a nickel in the pen.
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Sheesh, it must be nice to have spring so early!
Us Canadians in Ontario are just getting a bare glimpse of spring so far. Can't plant until mid-April. . . Does anyone grow MUGWORT???? Any advice about growing it. . .? I love this herb in dreamwork, astral projection and spellwork and it would be nice to grow my own.

Blesssings,
bsp

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”