Aura and Chakra

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Pixie 89

Aura and Chakra

Post by Pixie 89 »

Is the arua the same as the chakra?
Or are they both different?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Chakras are energy centres within the body, the aura is the energy feild within and around the body, sort of like a little fluffy cloud or coocoon... hope that helps
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

So, what you're saying the Aura is what surrounds the, outside of the "main" chakra?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

From what i know this is what i can tell you.

The chakras are like energy centers within your soul or body. They are found at 7 points (could be 8) from your belly button area up to your head and often are located near vital organs like the heart, chest, stomach, brain, throat etc... They are like pools of energy and each one has a colour associated with it and a use. For example the crown chakra which rests on or just above your forehead is known as the third eye and is linked with psychic abilities and foresight. Its colour is purple. I dont know the rest unfortunately.

The aura can be imagined as a bubble of energy around you. Some say there are different levels of the aura ranging from skin tight to a larger bubble which defines your personal space. (i think) animals and sensitive people can feel and sense the aura and from it tell your state of mind and health. A dull patch or a patch out of colour in a specific spot in the aura can suggest physical injury. Some say the aura fades when we die or as we near death. Perhaps as a sign it is somehow linked to either protecting the spirit while in the physical world or even providing the "glue" that sticks our spirit in this world (these are just my ideas...)

It is said that anyone can learn to see auras by looking over a person's shoulder and staring right past them and eventually you will see a faint outline. I am not so sure... if you look at *any* object for a while and then move your eyes even slightly you will see an outline which is where your eyes have almost burnt the image into your sight for a very short period of time. Almost like looking at a bright object. You can easily see this by holding up a piece of paper and staring at it and then looking an inch or so the left or right.

I think it can also be used as a defence system by turning into a sort of shield. Though the shield and aura may actually not be connected in anyway.

I hope that helps!
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

Can the Aura act like a shelid around the Chakra?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Well the aura is around *you* the chakras are *within* you.

This shows the chakras and their positions: http://weoverstep.com/blog/wp-content/u ... hakras.jpg

This tiny graphic:

Shows an aura in diagram form. The coloured blobs you see within the body are the chakras again, the rainbow like bubble around the figure is the aura.

So the aura completely surrounds you all the time. The chakras are inside you all the time.

I guess it could be said that the aura shields the chakras but each chakra does not have its own aura, nor is the aura bound to the chakras. The aura surrounds your body or soul, not the chakras.
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

Is there a way, to see what color arura, that
surrounds the body and soul? :?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Apparently so. I cannot see nor sense auras yet, i havent really tried though. Many people say they can sense the colours of an aura and this determine the state of the individual, healthy, ill, happy, sad etc...

You could try meditating in front of a mirror and trying to see your own aura. For that i would suggest fairly low, even lighting with a plain background behind you. Meditate thinking about your aura, try to imagine it getting stronger and brighter, send your energy to it, just a few inches from your skin, feel and imagine it get more solid and visible. It may or may not work.

Im not an expert in any way so perhaps someone else can advise better on how to see it.
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

It's alright, I'm not much an expert on it myself. But I am however am learning about it, this kind of stuff fascinates me. It's pretty interesting how our energy centers work, may I mention the aura as well. Hmm, that sounds pretty interesting? I think I might, try that the next time, I meditate!
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

I can see auras, although i only see the physical ones. My friends love it when i tell em what colors they are. I meditated at first, my primary goal being opening my eyes to other planes and auras. I then tried to focus on the outer layer of peoples' skinn.
It literally took me 6 hours to get ANYWHERE on my friend to actually START seeing uras. They are very hard to learn and see. I still have to focus to be able to actually see.

Blessed Be,

And, yes. chakras are different then auras. Auras tell you what kind of emotion someone is feeling. Chakras are places of power. Like pressure points, except powerful.
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

It can be harder for some.... some people are just naturals.

Also, auras can tell you alot more about a person than just their emotions... if a person is ill it can show in their aura, their personalities can show in their aura as well.

If you practise hunni you'll get there =) Its very rewarding once you start seeing them =)
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

out of interest do spirits have auras?

I wonder what the actual purpose of an aura is...?
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

I can see and sense auras and it didn't take me long to learn to see them at all. Probably about 10 minutes. Practice is key. I usually practice everyday, on people, plants or animals :)
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

To be honest i have never seen an aura on a spirit... that doesnt mean they dont have them, i've just never seen an aura on one... they've just been the spirit... my mother has seen a spirit with a red glow around him, but not sure if you would call it his aura.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Interesting. I have never heard of spirits having auras but then given the fact that a spirit is hard enough to sense on its own (for most people) a spirits aura would be near impossible to sense!

But if they have none then it would suggest the aura is a byproduct of life itself or serves to connect us to the body...

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”