Can art be used for Spell casting?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Kayay

Can art be used for Spell casting?

Post by Kayay »

This may be a ridiculous question, and if so, sorry about that lol.
I don't feel comfortable using candles, for reasons I prefer not to describe.

I'm very big into art. Beyond, so many ways. Ha. When I do my artwork, I pour all my emotion into it, its very much a release.

If I were to use pieces of art, with JUST the color that I would need(ex: instead of a green candle, green artwork) Expressing everything I desired, and all emotions into the artwork, would I be in luck? Would this still complete everything? Whatever that may be at the moment?
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

YES YES and thrice YES!!!!!

You will probably have great success with your spellwork because you are creative and you don't follow the crowd like a sheep.

Well done to you for coming up with your own way of doing spells!

I'm so proud of you.

Get those crayons out and get scribbling and weave your magick you wonderful little person!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

Incredible idea. Candles are needed for some things for the purpose of fire, but to incorporate the color you need for your purpose.....there is no limit on what you can use. The more creative and personal, the better. Some of the best traditions are not found in books.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Agreed. With the understanding i have the candles are mere symbols and focus points. They act as a way to focus the mind, give the eyes something to watch without bombarding them with information and graphics and movement. They act as a point to focus the mind on and hence the energy raised. However, the candles themselves are not important, the only important thing is that you are able to focus on *something* build up that energy and then use it then your magick wont suffer :)
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

hi

u know that's a wonderful idea and i surely agree with the others on this. i am an artist as well but as of late i can't draw as much, usually my mail box is full of requests for readings heh. which i don't mind.

good luck my dear

blessed be :D
Kayay

Post by Kayay »

Aw, yay! :D

Thank you guys soooo much for your responses <3
Xal

Post by Xal »

Super also agree :)
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

I have used drawing as a medium instead of candles too.

You might want to pick the colors that correspond to what you would like for the outcome, as you stated before... Green candle, green artwork.

Take a crayon/marker/colored pencil and draw a circle while you do your chant. Keep drawing the circle/spiral, for a spiral is an ancient symbol of the goddess, the womb, fertility, feminine serpent force, continual change, and the evolution of the universe.

It can also put you in a trance like state.

You have to be careful though, because it will open you up to nearby spirits and nobody likes a piggieback.
Xal

Post by Xal »

To add, triangles are also important as they the symbols that are used by most to represent spiritual travel.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Kassandra

Creative artwork

Post by Kassandra »

Refreshing thread.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Go on the internet and read up on Mandalas.

You might be inspired by them.
)(Apollo the Good)(
Banned Member

:)

Post by )(Apollo the Good)( »

Elisa, I agree with you...this is a refreshing thread!
Kayay, I think it's hella awesome that you are exploring the Craft in this new way and channeling energy through your Art. I bet your spells will benefit from this new level of energy you are achieving.

Cheers to you! :)
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

This thread is also wonderful because it lets everyone know that magic and beliefs are unique for every person. Not everyone has to do things the same and its wonderful that a talent is being used for something so special

moonlit
**Nothing is set in stone**

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”