New spirit guide

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Nyx

New spirit guide

Post by Nyx »

I knew my spirit guides were the Eagle, White Bison, and the Black Panther. However, I was told this past weekend, that the Wolf is becoming my guide also.

I'm new at this. I'm assuming the Wolf has chosen me because there is a specific message I need to learn/know?

Little confused....

**Light and Love**
Kassandra

Wolf: my new spirit guide?

Post by Kassandra »

A Personal Interpretation

Hi. I have found that understanding the medicine of an animal entails an interpretation that is different for each person, much like other psychic information we receive, as well as dream information. Honestly, I believe that niether I nor anyone else can tell you what should be your own interpretation. If someone says, "the wolf is in your life because of this," again, I would seriously question the depth of that person's understanding --both of you personally, and of how animal medicine works. In my response to Syndica's post Spirit animals, in which she similarly asked about a wolf spirit guide, I made suggestions to study the wolf and its energy and surround herself with its images, to help her arrive at an interpretation of wolf medicine as it applies to her personally.

So, my advice is be cautious when assuming that whoever "told" you this past weekend about your spirit guide was right. Personally, I have found that an animal spirit guide comes to us through a series of synchronicities happening in our lives where that animal keeps popping up to our awareness, not someone "telling" us about them. If it's some other person who told you that, I'd question it. I'm really unimpressed with people who volunteer spirit guide info by, say, pulling out an oracle deck card and telling someone, "this is your spirit guide." It doesn't work that way. I bet Native Americans, who have incorporated animal medicine into their lives for thousands of years, never needed to consult Steven Farmer's oracle decks, lol. However, if you feel that your intuition told you this information, then it's something worth considering. Your intuition is your GPS guidance system in this world. Trust it, and work on developing it.

Also, animal medicine is big medicine, meaning it could have a profound experience on our lives over an extended period of time. Each animal teaches us through the way it uses its energy in the world ....its coloration and other aspects of its appearance, how it hunts, how it mates, many other attributes. Having just one animal spirit guide in one's life is a remarkable. It's in our lives because there is a challenge we're experiencing, and the spirit animal is lending its energy to the one who needs it in order to be successful in confronting, and hopefully transcending, the challenge. Before delving into this wolf thing, are you understanding the purposes of all the other animal spirits you claim are in your life as well? And are these animal guides in your life because you "like" each of them, or did they enter your life specifically as guides, one at a time, each for a specific purpose?

Spider Medicine

I have many spirit guides in my life, animal and otherwise, but I rarely hear from any of them, unless I am actively involved in something that directly relates to a particular spirit guide. Then its energy activates in my consciousness. An animal spirit guide relates to an aspect of my life where I could use a different perspective in order to learn and grow.

For instance, I really disliked spiders all my life, but due to its industriousness and patience, the spider turned out to be one of my most trusted animal spirit guides (I know, it's technically an arachnid, not an animal, but...). Before Spider-consciousness entered my life, I would instantly swat any spider I came across with my shoe, lol. I detested them! Now I appreciate them for the valuable medicine they bring. Spider medicine always reminds me to organize my efforts carefully, just as a spider carefully create its beautiful web. And it reminds me to be patient when whatever web I've carefully created in my life suddenly "rips apart," for whatever reason. "Eh, just repair it. No big deal," Spider will say to me, "Nothing to get emotional about. Just keep going, as I do." My details go much deeper than that, but I'm keeping it light for the sake of this post. No one ever "told" me she was my spirit guide. She just entered my life through my awareness and perceptions.

Just some food for thought, hope it was helpful. Thanks for your question, and be well.

thasme

Post by thasme »

I agree, I have always read that they come to you, Just as Elisa stated. So I'm wondering are you seeing this "wolf" in everyday life?
KNOW it NOW and you have WON...
Kassandra

a "wolf moon"

Post by Kassandra »

Speaking of things wolf, there's a wolf moon tonight:

Biggest and Brightest Full Moon of 2010 Tonight
Tonight's full moon will be the biggest and brightest full moon of the year. It offers anyone with clear skies an opportunity to identify easy-to-see features on the moon.

This being the first full moon of 2010, it is also known as the wolf moon, a moniker dating back to Native American culture and the notion that hungry wolves howled at the full moon on cold winter nights. Each month brings another full moon name.

full article here: Biggest and Brightest Full Moon of 2010 Tonight
by Robert Roy Britt/SPACE.com
Fri Jan 29, 7:45 am ET

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”