Opioid Withdrawals (Auditioning)

Talk about anything you want to here.
celticwave

Opioid Withdrawals (Auditioning)

Post by celticwave »

Hi,

I just thought i'd post this quickly. I don't in anyway mean to offend anyone or anything, just i'm auditioning in a week for a play for a part of someone going through heroin withdrawal. I don't mean to be too forward or make anyone uncomfrotable, i was just wondering if there was anyone here who knows somebody or has been someone who has used heroin, and perhaps gone through the withdrawal stages. I would just be interested in knowing your experience if you don't mind sharing, it would be very much appreciated and treated with complete respect.

Thanks.

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Herion withdraws are pretty much like any other hard substance withdraws. My experiance was with coke and meth. From what I remeber:

One moment I was beating my self agienst the door trying to get out, the next I was telling my friend I was fine and I could come out now. I would have major headaches and the pain in my stomach was unbareable. I would scream VERY VERY ugly words to my friend. He told me I once I tried to hang my self with shoe strings just to get him to open the door so I could run for it. Throwing up and being weak. Sweats. In your mind the person who is trying to help you is the one trying to hurt you if that makes since. You only trust the person that is giving you the drugs, you crave to be free to find your fix.

I hope that helps I know it is jumbled but I was in a crazed state of mind during that time and I only remeber flashes.
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

hi

thankyou so much for your response, it really means a lot to me! Thanks for being so open about it

elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Don't forget the legs moving. That is a huge part of opiate WD. Especially if you try to rest or sleep, your legs move constantly. You can't really help it. You just can't stay still. It's awful. It's like there are bugs crawling under your skin. Just moving, moving, moving without end - very hard to sleep. But you probably won't sleep anyway because of the horrible sweats. It is the absolute worst feeling that I've ever known (and this was from pain killers, not heroin, but they are the same thing basically only heroin would be somewhat worse in my opinion.) The sweats are so gross and awful, it's hard to describe. I imagine it's something like menopause times 20. You sweat and freeze at the same time. You soak through all your clothes and have to change all the time, except you're too tired so you just sit in it. Oh yeah, the diarreha... that is awful! Mine lasted for a month after I quit taking pills. It never went away despite all the Ammodium I was taking for it. I finally started taking pills again because it was so bad and my energy level was still so low after a month of being off. That was one time I tried to quit. Last year I tried again with the help of a new drug and it worked.

I just realized that today is my ONE YEAR anniversary of being off pills - YAY! I need to celebrate! Well, I'm on Suboxone, so that's kind of cheating. I never went through WDs this time because Suboxone keeps you from going into WDs while also preventing you from getting high. I have really been clean for a year. I'm very happy about that.

Back to the subject... Check out one of these message boards where drug addicts go to get help for accurate descriptions of withdrawals. Here is one that I am a member of and is very good:
http://addictionrecoveryguide.com/messa ... ct=SF&f=19
That's the Pain Pills section. There may be a Heroin section as well if you look around.

JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Congrats for your one year!!!! looksmiley
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks JB. I'm pretty happy about it (obviously.) lol.

Blue Moon Princess

Post by Blue Moon Princess »

Blessings for many more years to celebrate, smileydance
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Great job soon it will be 2 years since I was a advil popper. I could take over 20 a day and not feel a thing.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That may be because Advil doesn't have anything in it to get you high, lol. I wouldn't feel a thing either by taking 20 Advil except I might feel my liver starting to fail eventually. haha. Actually, with the amount of pills I was taking, which was around 16-20 per day, even though I got the pills with the lowest amount of acetaminophen (Tylenol) in them (because it eats your liver), that was still 6000 mg of acetaminophen per day - the equivalent of 12 regular Tylenols. I guess that's not so bad considering that if you took 2 Tylenol every 4 hours, you would take 12 each day, but I guess you aren't supposed to take that much.

FourSouls, you were joking right? Why would you take 20 Advil a day, and what could it possibly do for you? I could see doing that if you are in pain or have migraines, but I hope you weren't doing it for a high. If it works, let us all know. :wink: I'm always up for a good time! I think I MAY have met a few people who said they got a light buzz from taking the 800mg IBUprofins (which is the same as 4 regular Advil). So maybe it's possible. I don't personally get high from Advil. That shit will eat your stomach and liver up though. Be careful!

Thanks for all the congratulations. Very nice of you all. And I hope I stay drug-free for many more years as well. It's a very nice thought!

5moons

Post by 5moons »

FOr headaches that would not go away. and I was popping th 1000mg advils. AN not feeling a thing. The docotor said since I was doing it for almost 2 years straight that it would have killed some people if I would have gone another 2 more years. So yah over 20 pills before 8 pm. OF a 1000 mg. Yah I was doing good, and the headaches would not go away.
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

Hey

thanks so much for that site, it's been a great help i really appreciate you taking the time to help me out, and congrats on your one year!!!

Elyse
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks Celtic and I'm glad that site helped you. Lots of nasty stories of withdrawals there. :)

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dramatical Research: Heroin

Post by Firebird »

tis might help someone else have a clue. :flyingwitch: bump
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”