What do you think? In his image...?

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
new truth seeker

What do you think? In his image...?

Post by new truth seeker »

If the Creator made us in his image (he spoke his creation into existence)- then WHY WOULDN"T we be able to harness the energies around us for good (or unfortunately as some do, for evil)- I was taught in christianity to 'speak those things that are not as though they are' (faith) and that through "faith' we 'speak things into existence with our words (prayers). I am beginning to wonder- what is the difference in this and what others call 'spells'?Christians have all these formulas for how they are supposed to pray. Why is it considered evil- I don't see the difference- the evil would be in the heart and intent of the person doing it. As a matter of fact I've seen some pretty "evil" intent in some christians. I'm not saying that we are as powerful as the One Above All Others but if we are truly formed in his image would we not have at least some portion of his attributes? What we do with it , or if we do nothing with it at all is up to us. I'm beginning to see a whole new understanding of a lot of things in the Bible that never made any sense to me. And I am also finally beginning to feel like I know where I belong
calico

Post by calico »

Makes sense to me. Obviously, when we are told we are made in God's image, it isn't PHYSICALLY in his image. So it must be in spirit and mind, and such. I regard "magic" as manipulating energy around us, and isn't that what Jesus did? What else is a "miracle"?
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

I agree. Aspects of Christianity are from Pagan elements.

I believe God gave us all gifts, one of the most precious of which being magick. Wouldn't it be rude to refuse it?

It says in the Bible that we also have the ability to work miracles. Miracles and magick are, in essence, the same thing.

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”