Abcess

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Abcess

Post by Starwitch »

I grew a big nasty abcess along my inner gumline last night. Does anyone have any tips on how to treat this myself? I know I could get anti-biotics from a dentist or doctor, but I'm thinking more along the lines of salt-water treatments and stuff like that. What do you do with the salt-water? I'm assuming you swish it around it your mouth. Any ideas?

Blue Moon Princess

Post by Blue Moon Princess »

Ouch! My best treatment advice is 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp baking soda in the hottest 1/2 cup of water you can handle in your mouth. Swish with fresh solution every two hours. The abcess should break down and drain within 24hrs. If it comes back, you should see a dds.
5moons

Post by 5moons »

That or cut it out. No don't do that. Do as moon said. But make sure you swish for about 2 mins. Then do it again every 2 hours.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I swished with Peroxide last night (Ron's advice). It was NASTY. I don't like baking soda either. I guess medicine isn't supposed to taste good though, is it? lol. It seems a bit better today. It's still big, but not painful. I think it will go away on its own like it did last time. Obviously I need to get my wisdom teeth taken out. They are causing problems. Thanks for the advice. If it doesn't go away, I'll try what you said.

waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

Your wisdom teeth aren't out ? Wow! They made me get mine taken out when I was like 13... I guess I'm glad I went through it. Abscesses sound pretty crappy from what I've heard. Hope you feel better...
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Yeah, I'm 30 and still have all four of them. I don't think they all need to come out, but they usually take them all out anyway just to prevent future problems. I guess it's odd to still have them at this age. I needed them out years ago, but at the time I didn't have the money to have work done on my teeth. Now that I have the money and insurance for it, I'm too chicken-shit to do it. lol.

5moons

Post by 5moons »

You get all the italian ice you like. If you like that italian ice like I do.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Sorry to hear that .
get yourself some tincture of Myrrh and dab it on the abcess as many times as you see fit.

hedge
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks for the tip Hedge. I think it's going away, so I'll wait and see, but if not I'll look into that.

If Italian Ice is the same as dry ice, then yes I like it, but only when I'm in the hospital on morphine and I can't have anything else.

*~Charmed~*

Abcessed tooth

Post by *~Charmed~* »

For an abcessed tooth, first rinse your mouth out after every meal with lukewarm salt water. When you are finished, throughout the day you can also make a cup of hot tea, take the tea bag and place it on the infected tooth/teeth, the salt will clean the infected area out and the tea bag will draw the pain away a little until you can seek medical attention. You may also want to try some, Echinacea (chew on the root), Native American remedy.
Believe me, these will work I promise! I have had toothaches that last 24-7, they're so bad you can't eat or sleep...these remedies will help.
*~Blessed Be!~*
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks for the tips Mikki. It actually feels fine now, but if I have any sense I'll save this info in case this happens again in the future.

Blue Moon Princess

- glad you're feeling better. Toothaches suck.

Hedge - I like your remedy. Can you tell more about myrrh?

Blessings,
Blue Moon Princess

Hedge - I should have read your herbalism forum before I asked :roll: Myrrh is right there as an herb of the month. I was fascinated...it's a great forum! I hope my little herb garden will be a success this year and if it is...I will have you to thank :-) keep it up

Bright blessings,
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Blue Moon Princess wrote:Hedge - I should have read your herbalism forum before I asked :roll: Myrrh is right there as an herb of the month. I was fascinated...it's a great forum! I hope my little herb garden will be a success this year and if it is...I will have you to thank :-) keep it up

Bright blessings,
LOL!
I hope many people find it an enjoyment to read, I certainly find it a pleasure to do :D
And if your little Herb garden is a success, it'll be because of you. Warmest of wishes to you.

hedge
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

My husband has an abcess and I keep telling him what you people have said to help but he rather bitch and moan about it than to try any of this.

I had my wisdom teeth pull about 3 years ago because they were growing in at a 45*. Which in turn gave me horrid headaches. I think everyone should get rid of them because they cause more problems, humans now a days don't have any need for them.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”