Finding the secret language.

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Y0m

Finding the secret language.

Post by Y0m »

So I was reading up on shamans, and they tell of a language that is the universal language of nature. From the time when all things were one. It is used in their rituals. I've heard of this before and I really want to learn this, but have no idea about how to go about doing this. Any ideas?

If I find any more information on this I'll post it here.

Love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Yes there is a language older than words. (which is also the title of a Derrick Jenson book).

The language is accessed through Nature Ritual. A common nature for doing this is a Vision Quest where you spend usually three days alone in nature. There are many more Nature Rituals such as dancing around the fire at night taking on the form of an animal or an Ancestor or even a Deity.

It popular to do Nature Ritual with psychedelics. I advice against doing Nature Ritual with psychoactive substances such as Peyote, Ayahuasca or Mushrooms if the person doing them is not a Shaman. Shaman's are chosen by their Ancestors and the Land and these substances are Spirit Allies on that journey, they do not qualify someone to do Medicine Work.

I advise anyone wanting to learn about radical experiences with Nature to read Of Water and Spirit by Malidoma Some. This book is about traditional African initiation into adulthood and is authentically magical.

Also Zulu Shaman by Credo Mutwa offers some profound insights into the nature of African Shamanism.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Starwhisper

Post by Starwhisper »

Out of curiosity, does this Shamanic concept overlap at all with glossolalia (the "gift of tongues")? I recall reading something to the effect that glossolalia is a part of some Shamanic practices, as well as some Christian practices. This is a point of personal interest: I actually picked up tongues when I was a Christian, many years back; though my affiliations have changed, the gift remains. (Not that I don't appreciate at least some forms of Christian spirituality, but other paths fit better at this time.)
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I'm not sure about tongues but I realized that telepathic speaking is a way to do this... also called channeling. I find that more and more it's not really a language, but rather you simply learn to interpret vibrations in ways that translate to any language you are used to.

It's amazing and very fun. Thanks for that info Earth Ritual. I actually think I may be becoming trained for shamanic things... I am learning so much so quickly and I am drawn to all aspects of shaman culture including herbs and energy work (and not really by choice either). I just thought it was training to be a monk, but it deffinitly is training by some kind of forces from the inner worlds.

Learning the language though requires one to have a silent mind. I imagine it as parting the seas of thought within your mind, creating an alley for the vibrations to come into.

Love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Starwhisper, Please tell us if you will about your experiences and what you have learned from speaking in tongues.

Sometimes I speak very fast in a way that targets specific areas of nature or my body. It is a form of channelling for me though it has not yet been perfected so I do it only in private. At some point it will be used to carry messages from various star beings.

As far as the language older than words. I generally consider that to be closer to silence and pervasive awareness and I may be totally wrong.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Starwhisper

Post by Starwhisper »

Part of my experience is that tongues are tied to emotion; they come most easily through music. There's a certain component of "turning off" the more forceful part of your brain when you use them... they well up from "below," rather than form "up there" with more everyday thoughts.

I find I can use them for grounding or clearing my head. I haven't done too much of this, but they actually work very well for simple chanting. In any case, they tend to have repeating patterns--more so than normal language. I strongly suspect that the music of Adiemus is in tongues (which is beautiful in its own right; some of the songs will give you a very clearing energetic pick-up if you are sensitive to that sort of thing). One theory about the Voynich Manuscript is that it is in tongues as well (makes a lot of sense to me; again, it has far more repeating strings than you get in regular language).

But I'll add that they're hardly the end-all and be-all. I can't "force" any sort of deep experience with tongues, nor do they--to my mind, at least--accomplish a lot on their own. Interestingly, per the studies out the subject, anyone can learn them, and in a 100% secular context to boot; there is not necessarily a spiritual component to them, at the end of the day.

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”