Defense

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
SOLBREAKS

Defense

Post by SOLBREAKS »

How would one defend against someone who is astral projecting. Someone who projects to their victim and uses their powers of psychokinesis against them.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I would suggest you would do so in the same way you would defend against any other spiritual entity, a shield of psychic energy, bright and reflective along with possible countermeasures, in fact psychic vampirism contained within a solvery shield could be interesting. Should the attacker break the shield their energy would be stolen from them by a million tentacles lusting with thirst. But i am not expert on the matter of psychic vampirism, though i would guess it could be used this way. It's weakness of course is that any negative energy is then absorbed by you through the vampirism so it may well end up as an attack in itself.

My recent acquisition (i like often unused words :P) of a dagger and sword have stirred an interest in creating an astral weapon. The theory goes that the astral realm is controlled by thought as it is a realm of energy. Therefore if one meditates and thinks of an object for long enough and with great concentration then that object will be manifested, perhaps gradually and weakly at first, in the astral where it can be used or manipulated. My plan is to charge the dagger enough and project it there it could become my weapon and guardian. I have begun charging it when i feel energetic and trying to develop a protective aura around it that links to mine. I have come across it twice in dreams, which i would guess is purely psychological due to the thought i put into it. In one dream i fastened it to my trousers as a backup weapon to defeat zombies and in another i used it as an athame to clear a house of an evil demon spirit much like that of damien from the omen (i think). I would say that if i can charge it enough it would be a powerful weapon to use so it may be something you could consider should you own an athame or even a stave.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

@SOLBREAKS: In my opinion, unless this were an actual reality in your life, I wouldn't worry about something like this. To me, the fact that you have to ask means that you aren't associated with circles of people with whom this would be a problem.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”