How do you make a circle

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Fallen Angel

How do you make a circle

Post by Fallen Angel »

:oops: Um.... I'm new. Like i don't even belong in a coven yet. Or do i have a mentor or ANYONE to teach me... How do you make a circle?
~Alie!! :3
Greek_Male_Witch

Hi

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

First some corrections, you don't need to belong in a coven or having a mentor, most people are solitary and do learn stuff on their own, so the best step you took is that you are here, now how do you cast a circle you ask? hmm

There are several ways to do that, for a simple circle, just take salt and put it around as a circle, and there you are, of course most complicated circles means bigger protection...

Here is a complicated one...

If you have one, set your altar in the center of a clean area. If not, simply sit/kneel/stand on the floor in the center of a cleared area.

Light one white candle. Envision a circle of white light around you (and your altar).

Face North and say: Hail to the guardians of the North, mighty earth who feeds us, our home and mother, welcome to the circle.

Next, face East and say: Hail to the guardians of the East, blessed air who cools us, the breath of life in all, welcome to the circle.

Next, face the South and say: Hail to the guardians of the South, sacred flame that sparks life in all, our protection and father, welcome to the circle.

Finally, face the West and say: Hail to the guardians of the West, Waters of life, where all are cleansed and reborn, welcome to the circle.

Proceed with your ritual. At the end do the following:

Face the West and say: Hail to the guardians of the West, thank you for attending this circle. Go in peace and know you are always welcome here.

Face the South and say: Hail to the guardians of the South, thank you for attending this circle. Go in peace and know you are always welcome here.

Face the East and say: Hail to the guardians of the East, thank you for attending this circle. Go in peace and know you are always welcome here.

Face the North and say: Hail to the guardians of the North, thank you for attending this circle. Go in peace and know you are always welcome here.

The circle is now broken and your spellwork complete. At this time, snuff your candles and do any parts of the spell that require you to leave the circle (burying an item, scattering the ashes etc.)

(its from the site everythingunderthemoon.net, where you can find plenty of useful spells!)
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Welcome. Greek said it well, a coven is simply another way to practise. It is not better, it is not worse.

I take it you are a teenager? Something tells me you are, in which case i feel i should warn you that not all covens are true, and not all have the best intentions.

I dont want to scare you. Any true wiccan (which i am presuming is the path you follow but do tell me if im wrong) would not harm anyone unless in self defence. but then not everyone that says they are a wiccan (or pagan, or witch) is so.

enough of the scare scaremongering!

RE casting a circle, again Greek has got it spot on, but again it comes down to personal preference.

What do you feel more comfortable doing? elaborate rituals with reagents, chants, etc... or more simplistic (but certainly no less powerful) energy work whereby you visualise and try to send out energy with minimal reagents etc?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How do you make a circle

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old topic

The circle info given in the above post comes from the ceremonial magic method of building the temple in a circle by calling quarters. Then invite the Divine to enter the temple. What is called also has to be dismissed. There are easier ways to cast circles and it’s OK to try different ways.

First you learn to move energy. Practice making psi balls between the hands 👏🏽. Center - pull power on the breath from Earth & sky into your solar plexus (belly). Think the actions & push out through the hands. You’ll feel a subtle pushback of energy with practice. Shake off your hands to clear them. Psi balls are energy balloons 🎈you fill with intent to charge your work.

A simple folk magic method: put your gear in your workspace. Start and end each pass at north; 🧹sweep away debris walking 🔄 widdershins, light some incense on the table, & then walk the circumference ↩️ deosil 👉🏼 pointing at the ground. Pull power on the breath to the belly, think it & push power out your hand to cast circle. Lighting an inviting incense suggests knowing if/who you want to invite, and raising Earth energy ⚡️to project the circle takes a bit of practice before you feel the circle’s presence.

Why start at North? As the Earth spins through the night hours it appears as if the starry sky moves around the North Star Polaris. It appears as if there’s a hole in the sky leading into the nether-realm. So sacred space aligns with the portal in the sky.

We sweep widdershins ↪️ to stir up and scatter stagnant energy we don’t want in the circle. Then we walk deosil to lay the circle ↩️ & follow the Sun. Thus our sacred space mimics night & day on Earth. We can cast circles as acts of devotion, as a means to change consciousness and keep out conflicting energy, and to support our spells.

Wicca - Guide for Solitary, free pdf
https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/relig ... tioner.pdf

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”