Positive Thinking

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Godsmack

Positive Thinking

Post by Godsmack »

Lately I've found that many people that I know have a tendency of thinking negatively. There was once a time where I felt this way to. I've gone through a lot and I am sure that whoever bothers reading this has also gone through their fair share of trials. Do not despair, though, things will change. The fluidity of nature and all in creation is proof of that. Your trials will end and then peace will come. I, at this time, do not have many problems; my life is better than it has ever been before. I, like you, though, have had to get through a lot in order to be where I am. I can tell you now that thinking pessimistic thoughts is a no-no. Psychology has proven that if you think negative things, then you will feel bad. Feeling bad takes you to more negative thoughts and then makes you feel worse. You can see how this creates a never ending spiral of negativity. Thus, it is up to you to change that. If you make the effort to think positively, you will be greatly rewarded. I know I was. Once you begin to think positively, your life will turn around. Don't expect it to happen immediately, as it takes some time. Remember to count your blessings, no matter how small they may be. If you believe in a divine being, then try to incorporate spirituality in your life. Ask the divine to help you through your troubles. Don't forget to thank the divine either! Wouldn't you thank a friend for helping you in a time of need?

Negativity affects you and those around you greatly, whether you realize it or not. Others around you may or may not care how you feel, but it affects them, too. If ever you've had a bad thought towards some one (I'm sure we all have and several times, too) you should think twice about your intentions. We are all humans and we are equal, no matter what society thinks. We all came into this world with nothing - in a material sense - and we shall leave this world with nothing. No matter how rich or important you or your family was or is.

There is great power in belief. Those who changed the world for the better had strong faith in their beliefs. If you are constantly wishing bad things for another person, you are hurting them, as well as yourself. Why? Through my spiritual studies I came upon a concept that profoundly touched me and opened my eyes. We are all interconnected, believe it or not. The universe is infinite and, therefore, we too are infinite. We can look at the universe as a huge body, and we are merely cells that build it. Even science has gotten to this point through the Gaia Hypothesis. If we are all part of the same body and we choose to hurt someone, then we are also hurting everyone else and ourselves. Remember to think before you act. Your thoughts are also dangerous.

I hope that by reading this it will get you to think. The world doesn't revolve around you, but you are a part of the world. You do matter. You are here for a reason. You are also loved, even if you don't realize it. Your mere existence is of vital importance.

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

I'm sure many of you are probably already familiar with some of the ideas I presented (being reminded is always good). I posted this on my Facebook for my friends, who are of different religions and mindsets, so forgive me if it is a little redundant for you, lol. :)

Return to “Teen Concerns”