Spirit Guide

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Robertw999

Spirit Guide

Post by Robertw999 »

I was talking to a guy who use to be spiritual and now is an Atheist....... He said he had a spirit guide but he says it wasn't real because the "spirit guide was telling him what he wanted to hear"... So he believes it is just his mind playing tricks on him telling him what he wanted to hear... He also told me that he studied psychic abilties for over 20 years and his own conclusion that none of it is real. It is just delusion... I am kind of freaking out about this... I am afraid of dying...
Xal

Post by Xal »

He's sort of half right. It's not that your spirit guides are telling you what you want to hear. Rather that everyone interprets what their spirit guide says in a way they want to understand it. What this means is that if you have some preconceived notion of how everything works your going to receive information in that context.

For example, say you are going to receive some new energies. If you belief is Wiccan oriented you might hear, that you are going to receive X powers from Y goddess.

Where if you are more focused on the idea of E.T's you might hear, that you are going to receive higher vibrational energies from X alien race.

This is why I constantly try to tell people to be wary of trying to word for word believe or state what information they receive from spiritual sources since it is so heavily influences by our own perceptions.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Xal wrote:He's sort of half right. It's not that your spirit guides are telling you what you want to hear. Rather that everyone interprets what their spirit guide says in a way they want to understand it. What this means is that if you have some preconceived notion of how everything works your going to receive information in that context.

For example, say you are going to receive some new energies. If you belief is Wiccan oriented you might hear, that you are going to receive X powers from Y goddess.

Where if you are more focused on the idea of E.T's you might hear, that you are going to receive higher vibrational energies from X alien race.

This is why I constantly try to tell people to be wary of trying to word for word believe or state what information they receive from spiritual sources since it is so heavily influences by our own perceptions.
Brilliant.

And I add if all this psychic mumbo jumbo was such nonsense I wonder why certain government organisations spend so much money on remote viewing, staring at goats, channelling entities, etc? :shock: :lol:
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Xal and Earth Ritual are right. Plus if your spirit guide is suppose to guide you, not change your beliefs. They are to help you grow so that you may gain some enlightenment. They have to kinda give you information based on the beliefs you already have, because if they didn't you might really freak out or worse, not do what it is you're suppose to.
Robertw999

Post by Robertw999 »

Yeah this guy said that he tuned the spirit guide out because he figured it was fake............ So he is a big atheist now
Xal

Post by Xal »

Well it is his path to do so. Fortunately on the path to enlightenment we can only go one direction, forward.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”