school and parents

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
mageiak

school and parents

Post by mageiak »

I'm new to the Craft and dont know who i should tell. My family is fairly tolerant when it comes to religion, but my closest aunt is most likely the most religious catholic in western NY. She would probably have me exorsised and then rebapized over and over again until i go back to the "true" faith. also with school I'm already the freaky kid (mostly done on my part lol) but saying that I'm a witch would probably send them over the edge. Who can be trusted, who should I tell?
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

From my personal experience in a very religious area, tell no one unless they have an interest in it, as in practicing themselves. It's also a good thing to keep quiet about, especially if you want to date. A lot of people hear witch and think of all the horror stories and films they've seen their entire lives. The best way is express certain beliefs, such as acknowledging deity, things like karma and such, but not putting a name on your beliefs or yourself. Then when you have someone you know you can trust or after you get to being an adult by law and not caring who knows then tell people out right.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Why tell anyone? For now find your feet, find yourself. There is no need to tell anyone yet :)
[BeautifulWitch]

Post by [BeautifulWitch] »

Tell bff, if you have to tell. I tell people because i donn't give a crap, they can do what they want...Okay that's a lie ive never told my completely over bearing catholic parents, nor do i plan to til i get a lawer....but i have told my bff's Cam and "Fawn" and Nina....But here's advice DO NOT TELL THE SCHOOL, if your all about not being maked fun of.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

it depends how comfotable you are with your faith and how far you are willing to go. If you want to possibly be out casted tell everyone ( i did and made no aplogies for it but in turn I had to deal with my friends parents being told I was going to be the next "charles manson"). If you feel comfortable not teling any one don't there is no need, it won't make you a stronger witch if the world knows.
The Crest Of Darkness

Post by The Crest Of Darkness »

Hey mageiak From my personal experience when I tell my firends they say really thats cool or say they know someone who is a Wicca. As for the rents well they don't know yet but I just stared and I am a very open mined person. so relly it's all up to how you fell about it. good luck. Blessed Be. My the Divine guid you.
pink-pixi

Post by pink-pixi »

Peronsaly I keep my spiritual beliefs on a need to know basis. If someone asks what I believe in I tell them but I don't go parading them around. I feel they are kept more sacred that way.
fhaye101

Post by fhaye101 »

It is really complicated and hard to imagine things happening to you. Your not really a freak to me when that is what every kid in school say but your person who is expressive on what you believe. There are individual who can't understand things that could ruined most of your well being. I know there will always be someone that could support beside you. It seems you haven't found yet.

Return to “Teen Concerns”