Fasting?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
apollo

Fasting?

Post by apollo »

Hello,
I was recently talking to my girlfriend about some things and she mentioned fasting. She said she read something about fasting some odd amount of days before your birthday or astrological sign is here. Does anybody have any information on this? I've never heard of it before. Thanks.
5moons

Post by 5moons »

No I am out there but I would like to hear about it if you get any info on it.
RobinInnle

Post by RobinInnle »

I don't know if this will help or not but here is a link I found on Google. It is a two part article entitled 'Astrology and Diet'.

http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0000614.htm

Anyway...

RobinInnle
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I have heard of fasting to get rid of all the negitivity from the body to start your new year over fresh.
Orion

Post by Orion »

I know at least Hatha Yoga uses fasting to cleanse the body of impure materials. Since certain foods cause a build-up of negative energy or blockages.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Let's not forget that the body needs nutrients to live folks. I do fast some days, but that does not mean complete abandonment of all nutrition. I doubt that there are any valid "rules" for when to fast (i.e. astrological alignments, better meditation practice etc..). Fast when the body tells you to. . .It knows when it needs a cleansing. Personally, on these days, I drink lots of fruit juice and WATER WATER WATER!!! But, that's just my way---how do other people do this?

Blessings,

bsp
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

It depends on why I am fasting. Normally I stop smoking, liquor and meat intake the week before my fast and during the time I am fasting I don't eat. I drink water sometimes depending on how long my fast is. If it is more than Two days I partake of water but that is all.

If one is apart of a longer fast, (ie 4+ days) I can not stress it enough not to end your fast then pick up where you left off. Take small steps back into your everyday eating routine.
Orion

Post by Orion »

I have a high powered Mars chakra :P So far I haven't needed to fast for more than a day or two because my metabolism is a little too quick, (which also means I need to do it more often than I do =\). But yeah, I agree with fruit jucie and water, even my 'Complete Idiot's Guide to Yoga' (such a handy little bugger) says fruit juice fasts are the great cleansers. I've never tried a long fast though I'll have to remember to ease back into food whenever I do try it.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”