shapeshifting.

Discussion of folklore and myths.
graffitixskies

shapeshifting.

Post by graffitixskies »

So... what is your opinion/beliefs on shapeshifting?
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Personally, I am not sure how I feel about shape shifting. I think the possibility is there but the application seems a bit contrived. Just my thoughts.
Starwhisper

Post by Starwhisper »

My take is that it is a valuable part of meditation/spirit work and is likewise a fascinating aspect of the dream world(s). Some of the deepest, most meaningful dreams I've had have involved either myself or someone else taking on a non-human form.

It's not something I'd expect to see at a physical level in this *particular* world, however. ::coolglasses::
Akyana

Post by Akyana »

After you realize you are withing All and all shapes,
I bet you can shape shift.

Before...dont think so sm181
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I sincerly beleive that one of my "spirit guides" was following me around in the form of a black bird for a while on my daily walks.

then i meditated one day and he was a black butterfly... just sitting there meditating with me... not moving for hours.

then he was a turtle...
he was teaching me patience then... once i gave in and became inpatient he literally disapeared... now how can a turtle disapear? It was sad because I think I was close to becoming one of his disciples. Oh well, maybe in the next life or later in this one :)

ha, anyway the possibility is deffinitly there. It's not really a big deal I think. It's more important to focus on your self growth.

My love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Starwhisper

Post by Starwhisper »

Speaking of shape-shifting, I find myself missing your Avatar avatar, Yom. :wink:
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Most certainly it is not possible.

There is no shred of evidence that it is indeed a possibility, no credible theory, no methods and every little bit of science says it could never happen (magick is not dis-proven by science, shapeshifting pretty much is).

Shape shifting in the astral realm? Of course, it is my belief that the soul has no dimensions, instead it is what you think it is. Think of the matrix films whereby Neo is released from the matrix and is bald, yet within the program he has hair, sunglasses etc... purely because he BELIEVES he has hair, that is his mental image of himself. I believe this is how the soul is shaped.

But on the physical plane it is simply not possible.
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

Aw. Don't you beileve in the impossible. Shadow, why don't you actually think of allllll the possiblties....

And as for me, i suppose its possible.
~Alie!! :3
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I believe in science...

How do you think it is possible?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

The problem is the basic physics laws of energy and matter. Namely that energy and matter cannot be destroyed or created. energy is exactly the same as matter. You can imagine energy as molten metal, flowing, spread out etc... And matter as little balls of metal. A *HUUUUUUUUUUGE* amount of energy can come together and condense or "freeze" into a little particle, or ball of matter. Likewise, this ball of matter can turn back into an IMMENSE amount of energy.

anyhoo... Let's use me as an example, im a fat sod and tall too, i used to weight around 20st, i dont know what i am now but let's say im 20st. Now, if i were to turn into a cat one of two things has to happen, either the cat i become has to weigh 20st, or a hell of a lot of my mass (let's say its a cat weighing 3st, so 17st of my weight) needs to turn into pure energy. Now, consider that the energy used in Hiroshima came from 60kg of uranium turned into energy (in effect probably less than that actually converted, but let's say 60kg) 17 stone in KG is about 107kg, so to make things easier let's say 120kg. Essentially me turning into a cat would give off the same amount of energy as two Hiroshima explosions at the same time. Now, even if this is "spiritual" energy i would essentially blow apart any entities even remotely near me, announce my presence in the biggest way possible and weaken myself immensely. Then consider that to turn back into a human i need to keep ALL of that energy and turn in back into matter. It simply isnt going to happen.

The first option of a 20st cat is also impossible. two things would happen, every bone in the cat's body would snap, the heart could not beat, the lungs could not move. Once that happened, or if you suggest that the cat's bones would be super strong and wouldnt break then it's feet would just sink into the ground due to the low surface area. It would be like me wearing high heels... Bad times.

Hence, i conclude that transformation is impossible.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

shadowx wrote:I believe in science...

How do you think it is possible?

science is relative.
Just because we don't see air doesn't mean it's not there.
Silly goose.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Most of the atom is "empty space"
spiritual energy holds things together.
laws keep things in balance.

laws can be beant or broken though.
Empty your mind and gain the world. :)
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Ah but even though the atom is mainly space it still has mass, you can indeed fit my body mass into a space the size of a cat, in fact you can get the entire earth into the size of a marble, only that causes a black hole...
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

shadowx wrote:Ah but even though the atom is mainly space it still has mass, you can indeed fit my body mass into a space the size of a cat, in fact you can get the entire earth into the size of a marble, only that causes a black hole...
That's why you turn into several cats, or a tiger.

Sorry had to be a smart ass. I do think we have some control over physically shaping ourselves, the whole mind over matter, but there are things that even can't be gotten around. I think if you can become attuned to your atoms and learn to make them vibrate differently, you can accomplish a form of shape shifting, but your not going to be able to do something smaller than your mass allows.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Ah but the vibration of an atom merely dictates its energy level or what we normally call temperature or heat. It doesnt affect the make up of the matter.

I'm not sure exactly the molecules of which DNA are made of, and i am also unsure as to whether the dna of a tiger and human is made of the exact same amount of chemicals, but arranged differently, or if there are small differenced in the chemical make up as well as the sequence of molecules.

If the first is true, and the DNA is the same quantity of molecules arranged differently then i cant disprove your idea, although i do not believe it is possible i dont have any science which says it is so.

The main stumbling block is the fact that no-one can document, explain or actually do it. There are those that say they can but no-one has ever seen it...

Return to “Folklore and Myths”