shapeshifting.

Discussion of folklore and myths.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Ahh physics is infinitely interesting. Not the way schools teach, hell no! But physics stuff is just plain weird. One photo can turn into two for a short time, an electron can exist and NOT exist at exactly the same time. It can be in more than one place at any one time.

Just watching something changes the way it acts and the outcome, you can go from A-C without passing through B, its really interesting and is the basis for my belief of magick.
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE! Sorry for the caps, but anything can happen.. You make me sound like a hippie, but you need to open your mind. There are more things than just science!
~Alie!! :3
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

shadowx wrote:Ahh physics is infinitely interesting. Not the way schools teach, hell no! But physics stuff is just plain weird. One photo can turn into two for a short time, an electron can exist and NOT exist at exactly the same time. It can be in more than one place at any one time.

Just watching something changes the way it acts and the outcome, you can go from A-C without passing through B, its really interesting and is the basis for my belief of magick.
Actually, if you have a good teacher, any subject can be amazing. I <3 physics, especially Astrophysics. Most creatures on earth actually have somewhat similar makeup, just arranged differently. I think the closest we could really think about truly changing into is an ape, as most of DNA is the same. If you could rearrange it though, there's no telling, but that's more like scientific alchemy, like when scientists rearrange atoms to make gold.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE! Sorry for the caps, but anything can happen.. You make me sound like a hippie, but you need to open your mind. There are more things than just science!
Not true.

It is not possible for me to turn my keyboard into a solar system capable of supporting life within 3 nanoseconds.

There are limits to everything. The trick is not to be limited by the limits.

Alchemy, that's possible, just not easy!
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

shadowx wrote:
It is not possible for me to turn my keyboard into a solar system capable of supporting life within 3 nanoseconds.

There are limits to everything. The trick is not to be limited by the limits.

Alchemy, that's possible, just not easy!
This topic is pointless and quite boring.

Release your self-limiting beliefs.
Simply because you don't currently know how to do something
does not make it impossible.

Simply because you don't understand something
does not make that something not exist.

Discoveries and advances can only be made
with an open mind.

My deepest love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

i agree that the main limit is ourselves, and that i, or we know so little. But i do know some things are not possible. this is one of them. Of course, this is opinion, but opinion i consider fact.
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

I agree with you, Y0m. :)
Excuse me if I sound like a religious fanatic, but everything is possible through The Divine. That is simply it. The Divine, which you are, is capable of doing all things. However, since we are stuck in the material world, things are a bit more difficult to do, as the matter is much more dense here. However, this does not make it impossible.

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

So you honestly believe that my keyboard can turn into an entire solar system in the universe capable of supporting intelligent life without 3 nanoseconds?

That a piece of red string in front of me can power a spaceship to 1 million times the speed of light for 1bn years through the universe?

That a small box in front of me can turn into a sentient life form resembling a lion, eat the string and keyboard and then travel at 1 million times the speed of light for 1bn years and then within 3 nanoseconds turn into a solar system capable of supporting intelligent life?

If this is so i can safely disregard many things you have said.

I dont want to be personal but anyone that believes something that ridiculous is either deluded and insane or lying.
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

Lol. xD You sure are passionate about this, aren't you?
Dude, I don't want to argue with you, 'cause in then end, it really doesn't matter.
You can believe that that is not possible. I believe that it can happen... but it doesn't happen because there would be no purpose for doing it. For example, shape shifting... there really is no reason in the world that you would need to do that, so why even bother?
Why would your keyboard turn into a solar system? Would it matter?
The obvious answer is no. There would be no purpose and, therefore, would not happen.

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

shadowx wrote:So you honestly believe that my keyboard can turn into an entire solar system in the universe capable of supporting intelligent life without 3 nanoseconds?

That a piece of red string in front of me can power a spaceship to 1 million times the speed of light for 1bn years through the universe?

That a small box in front of me can turn into a sentient life form resembling a lion, eat the string and keyboard and then travel at 1 million times the speed of light for 1bn years and then within 3 nanoseconds turn into a solar system capable of supporting intelligent life?

If this is so i can safely disregard many things you have said.

I dont want to be personal but anyone that believes something that ridiculous is either deluded and insane or lying.
Well how can these things happen in our dreams?

If you can disprove dreams as reality,
I will be satisfied :)
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I am indeed passionate!

Y0m: That depends how you define reality ;)
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I like it.... However they have a biological method to do so, we do not.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

It certainly was an extreme example! But it showed, hopefully, that not everything is possible.

From what i have heard somewhere and what i can imagine the transformation that butterflies and other flying insects undergo is due to cells in the body reverting to stem cells which can turn into bone, muscle, skin etc... and that's how it works. I cold be wrong but i suppose in theory with science you could force cells to change back to stem cells and then with the right conditions force those stem cells to follow a pattern and hence get some transformation, but it wouldnt be very reliable! (and is still almost certainly not possible.
Xal

Post by Xal »

Possible, sure, anythings possible. Likely, probably not.
We don't know enough about science to rule it out of possibility.

In terms of energy, considering today's theory states that the amount of information that can be store in a planck sized space seems to be the surface area and not the volume that would seem to be a lot of wasted space. And nature is not known for wasting things.

Also our scientific knowledge of extra dimensional realities (assuming they even exist) is non-existent and the idea of them opens up realms of possibility that we would not normally think possible.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Grasping and understanding all of reality and possibilities with only a human conciousness is one of the only non-possablities in my opinion.

Return to “Folklore and Myths”