I'm so happy!

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
silvermists

I'm so happy!

Post by silvermists »

My columbines are starting to sprout! I'm so happy about it, they are the first things that I have grown. One plant is about three milimetres tall and it has the cutes little leaves. They are so beautiful and fragile, I'm afraid my cat is going to eat them (they are inside, it's still a bit snowy out, so i can't replant them yet).

I just thougth I'd share.

Blessed Be,
Krissi
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Congrats silvermists. Wasn't it a beautiful day today in our city?! I've never tried growing columbine. . .let me know their progress and I may think about trying it. Is columbine poisonous to cats? I hope not. . .Stay happy!!!

Blessings,

bsp
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Hi there
I had never heard of Columbines before so I did a search on google. They sure are pretty and the colours are amazing. Welldone silvermists :D

hedge
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

I didn't know what Columbines were back when you first made that post, but I saw some at one of our local nurseries here and my mom got me one as an Easter present. They are very beautiful! (The one my mom got me is already established with some buds and an open bloom...)

I bet they're wonderful to watch grow from seed. Congrats Silver! :D

(On a sidenote to BSP, I read that the seeds are poisonous. I don't know about the rest of the plant though...)

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”