Elements?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Fallen Angel

Elements?

Post by Fallen Angel »

How do you know which element you are?
~Alie!! :3
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

I posted a system for determining this here:

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... hp?t=13930
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

That is one view point. Personally i put no faith in the year of birth at all. The year number is based upon a (IMHO) Fictional account of the birth of a man they called Jesus. Thus the years are immaterial. If they were counted from the exact second of the creation of the universe then perhaps. You could argue that the spirit world is adjusted to the BC/AD system we use and thus the years do apply.

But i would disagree.

I simply say that you will know which element you like most. Do you prefer to sit by a river or watch a fire? Do you prefer to sit on the rugged, powerful rocks or watch the birds soar and feel the wind in your hair?

Are you calm yet strong. Either dissolving the obstacles in your path or simply moving around them, passing them by and not letting them bother you (Water) or are you fierce, unforgiving of fools and yet warm to those who treat you right? (fire) Are you firm, stubborn, steadfast in your choices and opinions. A strong base for those around you and unwavering in argument, debate and what you want? (earth) or are you free, flowing, disregarding the things that seek to disrupt you, soaring above them. Still firm yet more swift and full of movement, avoiding, swooping diving around and through obstacles and difficulties? (wind)

What stirs you more? Fighting a dark energy with a sheet of raging fire, burning, blinding, attacking and harming it until it flees or is destroyed? (fire) shielding with absolute protection with damaging force of energy at precise moments, while staying defensive? (earth) blowing the spirit back with energy, confusing, disorienting with smaller, fast, swift burst of energy harrying and attacking until it gives up? (wind) or forcing it back with a torrent of energy, unrelenting with force behind it, pushing the energy/spirit away, forcing it out yet still remaining defensive? (water)

What describes you most? IN both mundane and magickal life?

What happens if something irritates you? What do you seek when you are sad? etc...

This IMHO, is a *true* measure of who you really are. A year is a number. It is nothing. A star sign is a coincidence, but your emotions, your reactions, your desires and methods are *you*. And in your world, *you* are what matters.
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

It sounds all like me, when I’m sad I want to sit on my swing set listening to music and just feel free. But when I’m angry I want to destroy anything and everything in my path. I don’t forgive until I take on my revenge. But sometimes when facing obstacles instead of destroying I simply take the easy way out and walk by. I’m clam and fierce, I love my freedom…the only thing I take no pride in is Earth. That’s the least element that calls to me. I love running water, I love the wind and the feeling of flying I get when I’m swinging. I also love the heat of fire, but that doesn’t appeal to me either. Water and Air seem too now that I think of it.

How do I know which is my true element?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

That makes sense to me, as i see water and air as similar and earth and fire as similar, though water and earth are close and fire and air.

But to like water and air to me, makes sense. Both are fluid, flowing and yet powerful in hidden ways.

You dont have to choose one or the other, you can like all the elements and indeed if you can master all of them then you will find power and strength, but to do so would require more determination, skill, patience and wisdom. I think it is easier to learn to tame one element and let that be your tool for using the rest as well as a teacher that can teach you where your skills lie and how to use them.
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

I have no teacher or really anyone that can help me, that's not on the computer (sorry guys), but i do think mastering one is a great way to start. I would like to start with Air. It seems like me, any way i can?

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”