Shock collars on dogs

Talk about anything you want to here.
Y0m

Shock collars on dogs

Post by Y0m »

I was cleaning the gutters today and then I start to hear a dog barking and crying really loud.

So I go check it out.

And I realize that these people have put a collar on their dog which shocks them when he barks.

I was ready to call the cops because I thought someone was beating the dog. When I see this my heart drops because I realize they won't do anything if I called them. How can people be so insensitive?

Why would be make these collars that literally torcher our animals?
This is something that deeply troubles me.

Love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

I'd love to put a shock collar on an owner who uses them and see how they like being shocked every time they open their mouth. It's cruel and pointless. There are other ways to train your dog not to bark.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Lily Cantodea wrote:I'd love to put a shock collar on an owner who uses them and see how they like being shocked every time they open their mouth. It's cruel and pointless. There are other ways to train your dog not to bark.
Yeah... and also sync it up to their dog's collar so they will get shocked twice as much hah

Man, people are cruel :/
I guess including me for wishing these things.

My love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Xal

Post by Xal »

I think they're only appropriate if it's one of those boundary ones and you have problems with either your dog attacking people or are afraid of it wandering out into traffic.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

FirewolfIronriver wrote:i think shock collars are a little outdated...i think i would want my dog to bark if they saw something but thats prob because im a little fearfull of nightly things lol...but i think they have a new device out that emmits a sound they can only hear that triggers the brian to tell the dog to stop barking.....works kinda like one of those electro doggy repellent thingys
Its more like when you hear a high pitched noise that makes your ears want to bleed and they only thing you can do is just stop everything you're doing and hope the sound goes away.

People really are idiots when it comes to handling and living with animals. Then again, I shouldn't expect much, as I've seen the ways there people handle and teach(or rather don't) their children, but that's an entirely different topic.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

...Does it work on a human being?...Oh and i thought it was illegal to put that on a puppy cause dogs can die from being shocked too much and unexpected... Like chihuahua
~Alie!! :3
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

Fallen Angel wrote:...Does it work on a human being?...Oh and i thought it was illegal to put that on a puppy cause dogs can die from being shocked too much and unexpected... Like chihuahua
I have no idea if it works on a human being, but I'd like to find an owner that uses it and see if it does.
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

A...condumdrum (spelled wrong), it should be They Can Kill A Puppy Dog[/list]
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

I don't know the voltage for the shock collars. I don't think it's enough to kill the dog with repeated exposure, but it can hurt them, which is animal abuse any way you slice it.
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

Mhmm....It can if the voltage is high enough and the dog is small enough...What happens if the dog is in rain >.<

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”